Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: Botcon 2015 - Chicago June 18-21

Might just be the perspective, but those eggs look mostly the same size, and tiny! 4 deluxes and a basic?

For people into beasts, that's a great start. for me... not so much.

I do think it's an entertaining way of doing reveals.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Links please people... when posting news. Not just a comment or announcement without a source.

The BotCon boxset page is here.

(In previous years the boxset reveals and guests would be in their own topic... but since we are only likely to have 2 Australians going, and the ongoing drop of interest in FunPub products, it felt a bit selfish highlighting them in more than just one topic and unnecessarily pad out the news section)

Drop in interest in products? What?? I still need them all!!! (is the Exspression of Interest at show thread up yet? i always find it late )

Hmmm Rattrap was a decent figure, but have no attachment to this guy... Reserving judgement until I see the rest

A blue rat came out of a blue egg. Coincidence? Could the colour of the eggs give a hint as to who the others are?

I'll go to BotCon one day. Maybe next year. BW 20th Anniversary!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Links please people... when posting news. Not just a comment or announcement without a source.

The BotCon boxset page is here.

(In previous years the boxset reveals and guests would be in their own topic... but since we are only likely to have 2 Australians going, and the ongoing drop of interest in FunPub products, it felt a bit selfish highlighting them in more than just one topic and unnecessarily pad out the news section)
    sorry boss, was on my phone & couldn't do the link
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Working from the accidental inclusion in a Podcast in January , the serial numbers on their mug-shot plates have been noted by fans on various sites that they aren't just random numbers and letters, so I thought I'd have a go at working them as well.
    Naturally, the five toys in the podcast may not just be boxset toys... some might be at-show toys, but it is a starting point. (a blue GEN DLX Rattrap - Packrat, an olive TFPrime VOY Breakdown - unknown, a blue GEN VOY Springer - thought to be Battletrap, a blue Classics Bumblebee - thought to be Glyph, and a red Classics Jazz - unknown)

Most of the numbers refer to dates with an allegiance letter, while the bit on the end is not yet clear but could refer to the original series the mould was from, or could be telling us if anything has been changed from the original mould (like a new head).
    If it is the latter, it would suggest that the first one Gets Nothing new, while 2-4 get a new HeaD, and 5 is something completely reworked like Scorponok last year.

The Thief - BC2015 718-2197M? - AO: STGN
    This was Packrat, and the serial number is - BC2015 (it's a BotCon 2015 toy), 718-2197 (the almost exact dates of the 1997 BotCon - July 18-20, which was when the original Packrat was released), M (the allegiance), AO: STGN (could mean it was originally a Generations mould or Got Nothing new to the toy).

The Muscle - BC2015 591-9687D? - AO: STHD
    This one is assumed to be Battletrap.
    The serial number - BC2015 (it's a BotCon 2015 toy), 591 (May 1991 - not sure why this date is chosen... it was the month of Issue 80 but wasn't the only issue with Battletrap), 96 (Battletrap was D-96 in Japan), 87 (the year it was released as a toy by Hasbro), D (Decepticon), AO: STHD (not sure... maybe means a new HeaD or the series it came from).

The Loose Cannon - BC2015 426-2912S? - AO: STHD
    This one is unknown, but can be narrowed down to the BotCon 2012 characters or toys.
    The serial number - BC2015 (it's a BotCon 2015 toy), 426-2912 (dates of BotCon 2012 - April 26-29), S (Shattered Glass maybe), AO: STHD (again, not sure, but is the same as above).

The Boss - BC2015 62811-484? - AO: STHD
    If the green Breakdown is Hound, this is the one I think he will be.
    The serial number - BC2015 (it's a BotCon 2015 toy), 628 (maybe May 28, which could be for the first issue of the comic in 1984, which was released somewhere from March to September), 114 (no idea), 84 (for 1984), AO: STHD (if this toy is the Breakdown/Hound toy, then this code can't refer to a series, as this mould was not part of Generations like Springer was... leading me to think that it relates to what has been Added On).

The Bounty Hunter - BC2015 712-1496D? - AO: GNOP
    This could be Onyx Primal based on its Serial number.
    The serial number - BC2015 (it's a BotCon 2015 toy), 712-1496 (the dates of BotCon 96 - July 12-14), D (Decepticon... not a Predacon?), AO: GNOP (no idea)

So, that leaves Glyph and the red Jazz from the Podcast that is either one of these unknowns, or are at-show/attendee/custom class toys.

Yes... I'm over-thinking things again, but patterns and puzzles intrigue me, which is why I'm into Transformers.
    Last edited by griffin; 2nd April 2015 at 05:30 AM.

Looks like "The Boss" has the date of the DOTM (June 28 2011), and the 84 still relates to a character from 1984 - Megatron, using the Breakdown mould to replicate the DOTM tanker truck Megatron.

And the "Bounty Hunter" apparently refers to the character Oilmaster, who is the character in the recent JP Generations Magnificus comic, which used the Prototype Pretender Shell that Hasbro had on display at BotCon 1996. If this is true, a brand new pretender shell would indeed outdo the Scorponok of last year, as promised by Pete.

An image of the expected boxset.

Looks like the second guest to be at BotCon this year is Sue Blu... voice of Gen1 Arcee, and Voice Director of Beast Wars and Animated.