Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Play With This Too...

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Ha ha ha.

In PWTT's defence, it looks like grimlockprime10 on twitter is just some twat who seems to spam twitter with various advertisements of his customs. Is he associated with PWTT?
    Not to my knowledge. He's just a fan. Don't hold what he says against a company.

Some fun bios for 3 of the character went up. Madwing is a psychic pilot. Skull-F is a nice demon, and Terribull is a evil overlord consultant!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    So what your saying is Aaron Archers opinion belongs to whoever is paying him at the time.

I was going to let it slide, as I don't really care about pretenders.
    It bothers me when they solicit me directly on Twitter.

I don't have a direct issue with independent transformers manufacturers, there is some quality stuff out there, I also don't think a lot of them are worth paying money for either.
    I have issue with people who say one thing then do another and shove it down my throat.
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    If you work in the corporate world, it is like being part of a major political party. You have to peddle the company's stance on whatever issue or policy it has. If you personally disagree with said stance or business plan, you keep it to yourself.

Basically if you are not a 'Yes man' in today's corporate world which is filled with sociopaths, you'll get nowhere. I don't agree with how this situation is but I do understand that while Archer was employed by Hasbro, he had no free will to say what he individually believes but simply had to speak on behalf of the company that is paying for him to represent.
    Kup is right UM, I work for a state owned utility and a big part of my job is to uphold the company's policies. Sometimes I very much disagree with the said policy I am upholding but I do so because that is what I'm paid to do. I'm not getting paid to offer my own opinion. Quite often it makes me out to be the bad guy in the general publics eye but that's my job. So I wouldn't hold it against Aaron Archer at all.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

77% and 11 days to go. As promised, when we hit 300 backers we would debut another character we hope will make it into this Kickstarter (amongst all the others we've shown you...). Instead of revealing one character how about two? Count Tuskula and Lord Tangent Von Tuskuleser will be joined by a 3rd aquatic hero with slightly different armor...

We will upload more micro-bios tomorrow!
    Up to 78% now, and looks like these guys are callbacks to the Thundercats Tuska Warrior and Battle Beasts Wolfgang Walrus!

A quick preview of the painted prototype, more pics to hopefully arrive tomorrow. It's just six days to the close of the campaign.

For more information, check the PWTT facebook page.

If only they had been able to get that Proto painted sooner, because good lord does it look gorgeous now!

From what I've seen of Toy Kickstarters, you REALLY need to have some sort of painted proto to give people a thorough idea of what they're going to assist in producing, much better than concept sketches anyway, but something is WAY better than nothing.

So if you're on the fence? - Cast your eyes upon the fully painted prototype of Desolataur!

In a recent update Play With This Too announced some details of their "Play With This All" and "Play With Just The Figures" pledge levels on their Lost Protectors Kickstarter.

If they end up making the minimum level for funding, but don't unlock a lock of stretch goals, they are offering people who pledged for these levels to get many low cost figures, which they can use to army-build, resell, or customize.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ost-protectors
    Quote Originally Posted by Play With This Too
    With just over two days left, please keep in mind there is usually a 48 hour surge in pledges and backers. That being said, we want to make ensure everyone feels comfortable with their pledge amounts and receive enough product to make their pledges worth it.

For the $900 Play With It All option, if the Kickstarter succeeds but does not unlock stretch goals, we will provide the following for backers at this level:

Desolataur figure x3
    Bloodbath figure x3
    Catastropheles figure x3
    Kickstarter Exclusive Bitemark figure x6
    Kickstarter Rare Exclusive Calaminous Haagenti x8
    Tech Drone Two-Pack with D-Fuzz and R-Mix x5
    Glow-In-The-Dark BMOG x5
    Monoscream BMOG x5
    Bear/Manta Ray BMOG Exclusive x3
    T-Shirts x2 Art Prints x3
    Button/Shield Logo x3

This is a total package worth over $1,400.

For the $765 Play With Just The Figures option, if the Kickstarter succeeds but does not unlock stretch goals, we will provide the following for backers at this level:

Desolataur figure x3
    Bloodbath figure x3
    Catastropheles figure x3
    Kickstarter Exclusive Bitemark figure x4
    Kickstarter Rare Exclusive Calaminous Haagenti x5
    T-Shirt x1
    Monoscream BMOG x3

This is a total package worth over $900.

AS EACH STRETCH GOAL IS UNLOCKED, THESE LISTS WILL BE UPDATED TO SWAP IN THE UNLOCKED ITEMS UNTIL DUPLICATES ARE ELIMINATED. EACH SET WILL ALWAYS CONTAIN MERCHANDISE AT LEAST EQUAL TO THE ABOVE LISTED VALUES.
    Just doing the math, that's 23 figures for $900 which comes to $39.13 a figure (plus tons of bonus items). or 18 figures for $765 which comes to $42.50 a figure. A much cheaper way to buy in bulk than even the army builder sets.

Really surprised to see the surge of backers on the 11th hour - currently $69k - well, the last 14 hours (just before I went to bed they were still only $62k). I wonder if everyone made their pledges early on would that have incited more people to pledge or for existing pledges to increase (demand driven herd mentality).

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

well, unless they can get $10,043 in the last 26 25 minutes, i'd say that's the ball game