Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 102025262728293031323334354050 ... LastLast

Thread: September Acquisitions

Hehe. STL you fiend! I recall a little topic of discussion last tuesday at lunch regarding this. Good going! Although I still don't know how you did it!

I just came home from some early shopping and I got tomorrow's (now today's) prices. My receipt is stamped at 10:29 pm, so sale prices do start early.

This Kmart had at around 50 ea. of the leaders, and luckily, the 2nd Bulkhead I tried worked fine. They only had four Ultras, of which I grabbed three, so expect lots of leaders and look hard for Ultras.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    DUDE HOW?

Tell us now! I want to know before I go out tomorrow morning to K-mart!
    I used the Target catalogue. Spurred on by Paulbot's scornful mockery of my suggestion that it might be possible, I deviated from my original destination of K-Mart Campbellfield and down the Western Highway onto Airport West. I marched in with my obese visage and begged for their sympathy to price match Target's Voyager sale price of $35. Wanting to get the image of my fat self from their sight as quickly as possible, they practically heaped it on me plus 10% the difference.

In all seriousness, I was partially spurred on by Paulbot. So I have to thank him for this. I hadn't picked up the Robot Heroes yet and wanted to price-match at a K-Mart so I was heading to Campbellfield but then remembering Paulbot's dismissal I had to vindicate myself and prove that I could do it. I didn't even need the figures b/c mine had already arrived from the US. But I figured I'd give it a shot. I thought it out and figured the best and least problematic way of getting the deal done was finding a shopping centre with both K-Mart and Target. That way, I rationalised, I'd tell them there's a Target up the centre and they could check for themselves. As it turned out, it turned out to be much easier than that. I presented the catalogue and it was a very easy price match. She just called her manager and they just processed it and I had a long chat with them (including of all things how expensive TFs are). One of the things that made it easy was just amicably engaging them in very casual conversation. I wanted more but I'd already blown more than I could afford with a few F2F and eBay items to pay for. Otherwise, I'd have scalped got the rest for other board members.

And to think it all started with just wanting the latest Robot Heroes!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Nice one STL, charm goes a long way as well
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Be careful there STL. Price matching to another store's matching product or assortment (size) is okay, but tricking them into price matching Ultras to Voyagers would constitute fraud. No matter how bad the prices of TFs are in this country, if you manage to do that sort of thing, even for the benefit of others, please keep it private, don't post about it here (no illegal activity is to be posted or solicited in a posting, as per the board rules).

If K-Mart stores have Voyager and Ultra toys then you're very lucky to get away with that.

Went out to my closest Westfield. Picked up a lovely Animated Leader Megs for $71.20 plus my 5% staff discount at Kmart .

Not wanting to wait for general release, I went to see if I could get Animated Ultra Magnus from Myer for the same price instead of the $99 they wanted to charge me. A lovely young lady made sure that it was all in place (I was wary, its same class, but not same figure, as what Kmart had). "Bought" price according to her was $68.75 or so, so the $71.20 that Kmart was offering was a viable option. Made sure that leaders were on special, and bam, I now have Animated Leader Ultra Magnus just waiting to be opened!

Pics later once I've freed them from their cardboard cages!

good going STL (i shouldn't be so encouraging) and thanatos!

He be cool, but I wish he said "Decepticons, transform and rise up!" in place of the rather lame "Where is the AllSpark?"

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yellow: "There's gold in them thar boxes!"

White: "My scans indicate that you're an idiot"

The white tub is solder paste from DealExtreme.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------