Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Combiner Devastator - first look at German Toyfair

So Titan class is what size? Sorry but Im still used to the old sizing..... Titan would be Metroplex size? or Just Omega Supreme size ( which is Supreme class)?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Titan is a price class, not size

Well maybe box size

The report linked above on TFW implies that Devastator will be about as tall as Metroplex
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    The report linked above on TFW implies that Devastator will be about as tall as Metroplex
    I think so, if not a little bit shorter. I believe that's what the OP said.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Hasbro should learn from this Combiner Devastator for future toy release marketing.
    Look at all the free publicity it is getting from a blurred photo and vague descriptions, and all the attention from interpretations and speculations.
    Devastator wouldn't have had this level of interest if official images were suddenly released with a press-release, like it will be at the American Toyfair in a couple weeks time. The toy would have had 3-4 days of coverage, if that, on the fansites, as the attention would be split among all the other new toys that will be unveiled at the American Toyfair (other Combiners, new RID toys, RID cartoon info, and various toy exclusives). Instead, fans on various sites have been talking about this mythical toy for weeks now... and the traffic in those topics is greater than an official reveal news topic.

This is how some movies do their viral marketing campaigns... "leaking" or teasing info, sometimes hidden in official promotional material, that gets people more attached emotionally to the thing because they are processing it more in their brain, investing their time and attention into it, to be the first to figure out the mystery.

I'm wondering if indeed that is the case, this "blurry" photo is somehow official, just to build hype?

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Guess I may sit this one out, as I wont have space to display him.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Titan is a price class, not size

Well maybe box size
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, and it's bugging me. Technically, ALL of the classes we're used to are price classes, not size. That's why deluxes are slightly smaller now than they used to be. There's only been one release so far in the Titan class, and that's Metroplex, so how can you make any assessment of price versus size? If we look at the next two classes down, Supreme and Leader, there's a little variation in size but not a great amount (with Ultimate appearing to be the midpoint of the two) over the years. I simply don't see how you can think that Titan means anything other than a really big toy.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Hasbro should learn from this Combiner Devastator for future toy release marketing.
    Look at all the free publicity it is getting from a blurred photo and vague descriptions, and all the attention from interpretations and speculations.
    Devastator wouldn't have had this level of interest if official images were suddenly released with a press-release, like it will be at the American Toyfair in a couple weeks time. The toy would have had 3-4 days of coverage, if that, on the fansites, as the attention would be split among all the other new toys that will be unveiled at the American Toyfair (other Combiners, new RID toys, RID cartoon info, and various toy exclusives). Instead, fans on various sites have been talking about this mythical toy for weeks now... and the traffic in those topics is greater than an official reveal news topic.

This is how some movies do their viral marketing campaigns... "leaking" or teasing info, sometimes hidden in official promotional material, that gets people more attached emotionally to the thing because they are processing it more in their brain, investing their time and attention into it, to be the first to figure out the mystery.
    Its marketing 101...

This is the best thing that's happened to G1 fans since the 80's. A gigantic, big ass, G1 inspired Devastator

The only disappointing thing I can think of at this stage is the fact that the other combiners aren't nearly as big!