Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1121262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun-Formers (imitation weapons) laws and requirements for Australia

Quote Originally Posted by KingRaoh View Post
    Didn't know about all this but just got MP36 the pre-order from PremiumCollectables.

From their link, it says that they're shipping from QLD. Since I'm from QLD as well, I'm guessing that there's no need to apply for permits as it's no longer imported. I'm assuming that PC would have handled the permit to import it.

Would this be correct?
    QLD is fine - you don't need to do anything, as the import permit is the only thing required for Megatron in QLD, and you aren't importing this toy.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    QLD is fine - you don't need to do anything, as the import permit is the only thing required for Megatron in QLD, and you aren't importing this toy.
    But what if it's moving between states? QLD to NSW?

Sorry, I haven't been reading this thread a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    But what if it's moving between states? QLD to NSW?

Sorry, I haven't been reading this thread a whole lot.
    NSW requires both an import permit (if you are importing), and an ownership permit.
    If you are buying from a source that already has them in Australia, you would only need the ownership permit... if you want to legally own this toy.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    NSW requires both an import permit (if you are importing), and an ownership permit.
    If you are buying from a source that already has them in Australia, you would only need the ownership permit... if you want to legally own this toy.
    But you dont need the ownership permit in WA yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Batfan007 View Post
    But you dont need the ownership permit in WA yes?
    WA is like QLD - you don't need a permit to own.

So, I've been looking for details of exactly how a replica firearm must be stored in NSW.

Section 41 of the firearms act for a category H firearm.

FIREARMS ACT 1996 - SECT 41
    Category C, D and H licence requirements
    41 Category C, D and H licence requirements

(1) The holder of a category C, category D or category H licence must comply with the following requirements in respect of any firearm to which the licence applies:
    (a) when any such firearm is not actually being used or carried, it must be stored in a locked steel safe of a type approved by the Commissioner and that cannot be easily penetrated,

(b) such a safe must be bolted to the structure of the premises where the firearm is authorised to be kept,

(c) any ammunition for the firearm must be stored in a locked container of a type approved by the Commissioner and that is kept separate from the safe containing any such firearm,

(d) such other requirements relating to security and safe storage as may be prescribed by the regulations.

Maximum penalty: 50 penalty units or imprisonment for 2 years, or both.

(2) A licensee does not have to comply with the requirements of this section if the licensee satisfies the Commissioner that the licensee has provided alternative arrangements for the storage of firearms in the licensee’s possession that are of a standard not less than the requirements set out in this section.
    This makes it all too hard if you ask me.

Gok, I don't know where you get your plastic box with a lock rule from but I'd like to see the regs you're complying with and how I get the officer approving my application to use those regs instead of the NSW firearms act above.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Wow this is confusing, the megatron club site says they worked a deal out that will allow you to display MP-5 in a lockable case.
    see link
    http://www.megatron.net.au/Legal%20I...atron%20MP.doc
    but thats for mp-05.. and MP-36 looks alot different but at distance can still look like a gun so maybe the same rules. Also Shockwave looks like a gun too does that also come under the rule?
    Most links on the Megatron site dont seem to work anymore and being that the latest update is 2011 i am thinking its a bit out of date.

So all i need to know is if I am in NSW with a Transformers collection what do i need to do? also does this apply to all variants including 3p figures or is it just the name Megatron that brings attention.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

i've still not been able to find out anything about the requirements for the ACT

Reposting here after a gentle slap on the wrist in the MP-36 thread 😜

Apologies if this has been asked before (tried to search the thread but couldn't find any definite results) but what's the deal with orange barrel plugs in Aus?
    I know all about the replica gun licence requirements etc. and that's all fine, but is there anything in any of our state legislation requiring the blaze orange plugs on these or is that purely a US thing?
    I know it's not required in Japan and Megs won't come with one installed out of the factory (US sites are all stating they'll be opening the package to glue the plug in) but will PC have to do the same here in Australia? I've already pre-ordered mine last night (pissed off with myself because I totally forgot about PC's 10% discount code they FB'd a few weeks ago) but just curious as to whether PC will need to install the orange plugs in these to comply with any local rules?
    I picked up Apollyon from TFDirect and pretty sure he came with the orange plug (which was easily removed) In hindsight that was kind of weird but I didn't think about it. Are the orange plugs a thing in Aus as well?

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starganderfish View Post
    Reposting here after a gentle slap on the wrist in the MP-36 thread 😜

Apologies if this has been asked before (tried to search the thread but couldn't find any definite results) but what's the deal with orange barrel plugs in Aus?
    I know all about the replica gun licence requirements etc. and that's all fine, but is there anything in any of our state legislation requiring the blaze orange plugs on these or is that purely a US thing?
    I know it's not required in Japan and Megs won't come with one installed out of the factory (US sites are all stating they'll be opening the package to glue the plug in) but will PC have to do the same here in Australia? I've already pre-ordered mine last night (pissed off with myself because I totally forgot about PC's 10% discount code they FB'd a few weeks ago) but just curious as to whether PC will need to install the orange plugs in these to comply with any local rules?
    I picked up Apollyon from TFDirect and pretty sure he came with the orange plug (which was easily removed) In hindsight that was kind of weird but I didn't think about it. Are the orange plugs a thing in Aus as well?

Orange plugs don't do anything LEGALLY, if they got a plug and are detected in customs it will get confiscated, pc states nothing about plugging them up because the orange plug thing is purely an american thing.

Therefore, getting one with a plug won't save it, and if you get it from an aus seller or japanese seller (unless it states, hlj was selling mp05's with the plugs apparently as a separate listing) you won't have to worry about getting the plug at all.