Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ToysRUs introductory sale for Generations - 20/2 to 3/3

Megatran Guest

The 'random selection' makes sense if you think about it from TRU's perspective. In doing so TRU avoids holding onto 'less desirable' TF characters through their online service. You just have to look instore to see that some toys in a wave just doesn't sell.

The TRUs in Canberra have signs on the shelves. It's very much in-store down here.

Someone should post up a photo here of the signage in store so that others can show it to stores that claim it is online only.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Going to get next to no sales either. Maybe that is their plan?

I wonder if these prices will be the same for store stock?
    spotted them in store today at a local toys r us and they are the sale price.

good prices
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

The Leader class is back to not being available online... so how exactly are you supposed to get the sale price if it only applicable online.
    Maybe ask that of an employee who says that, who obviously doesn't know what they are talking about. (or ask to speak to a manager if they still refuse to accept the online pricing - which is there to advertises their products, not just for online purchasing)

Quote Originally Posted by megatren View Post
    I just went to toyrus castle hill showground and they don't accept price match. The lady said its an online special and not store.
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    My friend called TRU Chaddy and unfortunately they said the same thing as well.

Agreed that it's an incredibly stupid idea. I don't want to order something random online. How in Kaon did they decide this was a good idea?
    I rang up the Castle Hill store and was put on hold for 14minutes and 42 seconds, after being transferred between four different staff members.
    That fourth person agreed that prices advertised online don't apply in store... until I pointed out to her that one of the items aren't available online, so how do you get the discounted price?
    She was actually lost for an explanation, so transferred me to the manager instead, who sounded like he was either very busy, or unimpressed about having to conduct customer service. (a bit like the Kmart Sunnybank Manager... I guess they think they have underlings for a reason)

The manager of Castle Hill didn't know anything about the promotion that was emailed out, or that it had an end date of March 3rd (or that other stores seemed to know enough to have shelf tags out noting it)... so either Head Office is to blame for not communicating news and sales/promotions to their managers (particularly ones that are advertised publicly in print or by email), or some of the managers are not reading their emails from head office.

Basically, to you two and anyone else - the items are in the computer system at the sale price, so even if the staff or management don't know anything, they are scanning up at the sale price (according to the Castle Hill Manager who looked up the SKN of the Leader Class at his store).
    So if they don't scan up at $72, $40, $24, and $16, get a manager to look up the SKN number or the website listing of the Generations toy you are wanting to buy.
    And be aware that the 20% off applies to the full price, not the sale prices noted in the first post or showing up at the register, as those ARE the 20% off prices.

(after spending over 20 minutes just with Castle Hill, I decided against going through all that with Chadstone as I had originally planned to)

Knowing the SKN was incredibly helpful when I was hunting for the Leaders.

Leaders - 84473
    Voyagers - 84471
    Deluxes - 84465
    Legends - 84444

I can't see the whole page on my work computer as stuff is locked out but I would have sworn that the add also said 'see in-store'
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by megatren View Post
    I just went to toyrus castle hill showground and they don't accept price match. The lady said its an online special and not store.
    That's odd, as all I had to do was show them the site (this was Friday at Shellhabour) and they gave me 20% off... though this seems like a joke anyway as Wollongong and Miranda has 0 CW stuff, and though Shellhabur had plenty of Deluxe and Legends Class, they looked like they only had 3 cases of Voyager and 1 of Leader (hence I missed out on Amarda Megs as someone had got him first!)

Not sure whats happening at other stores but Bankstown TRU has had the CW figures since Friday at the discounted price. Sold out of all Leader figures, down to about 4 or 5 deluxes, a handful of legends (no Powerglides) and 2 each of Silverbolt and Optimus as of 6pm today.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky