With the US TFCon now over for another year (a couple weekends ago), the 2019 event has been announced, and it isn't at the end of the year this time, nor is it in Chicago or eastern half of the country.
Next year it will be really early - March 15th to 17th - and be in Los Angeles... which is good for Australians who have been thinking about doing a TFCon, or missed out on BotCon and would like to do the next best thing.
It is also being hyped up as a 35th anniversary convention, by having some sort of Gen1 voice actor cast reunion... but yet to announce any confirmed guests or details.
The fact that it is in Los Angeles, supports their claim that it will be a reunion of some kind, as many voice actors are located in LA, where a lot of the film studios and their recording studios are located.

fans from around the world will converge on the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel & Convention Center (2500 N Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA 91505, USA) to participate in TFcon USA 2019; a 3-day colossal Transformers event to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the Transformers franchise (March 15-17, 2019). The show will feature a myriad of guests, voice actors, artists, writers and toy designers that contributed to the Transformers universe since 1984. There will also be a variety of Q&A panels, autograph sessions, workshops and costume contests all weekend long.

Not only that, LA is the perfect destination for a foreign tourist, with themeparks and Hollywood studios to visit before or after the convention.

The location is about as far from the LAX airport as the Pasadena Convention Centre was (the location of four BotCons), so it might be worth looking at a rental car or see if there is a shuttle bus to the Hotel.
Also, it looks like there is a really big sale on flights at Flight Centre at the moment (according to a TV ad I saw today), with return flights from East Coast Australia to LAX just costing $999. That's well below half price... but I don't know if it covers March next year.

For the record... I might end up going to this, but will need to think it over a bit first.
Being at the start off the year, it doesn't give as much time to decide, plan, and save, as it would for the October ones (which would have given us an extra 7 months to plan and save up).