Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minor update to Userguide/Rules

Default Minor update to Userguide/Rules

After getting a number of complaints about duplicate post spamming in the Toy Review section, I have added a sub-section to the existing rule about Spamming on this site...

6a - Posting links to gain off-site attention and/or revenue
    Members who are legitimate fans are also prohibited from posting links just to promote their offsite sources of revenue (like online stores, ebay listings, youtube videos, etc), but you will be given a warning first. For the Saleyard by Toy Dealers and Ebay sellers, see Rule 13. For the Toy Review section, only post links to youtube reviews in the individual Toy Review topics IF there is at least 100 words reviewing the toy with that link. Otherwise, start your own Review Topic (with your name in the title) and post your youtube links in there ONLY.
    This takes effect immediately.
    Last edited by griffin; 26th August 2015 at 12:59 AM.

I like this, you might want to include acquisitions threads in the rule as well.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Yay!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I like this, you might want to include acquisitions threads in the rule as well.
    If it starts happening in there to get around the current wording of the rule, the rule will be re-worded to include it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If it starts happening in there to get around the current wording of the rule, the rule will be re-worded to include it.
    I don't frequent the acquisition threads anymore but I'm pretty sure it is happening there.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Good. I never click on those links anyway. I much prefer to read people's opinions of toys, as I find written reviews to be - generally speaking - more earnest than video reviews. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Good. I never click on those links anyway. I much prefer to read people's opinions of toys, as I find written reviews to be - generally speaking - more earnest than video reviews. JMHO
    See I am the opposite I like to see the video reviews and some people put a lot of effort into those videos they create plus it gives you a visual on a figure if I need to see it Where words just don't cut it.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Same I'm just like 'wheres the review?' I don't really have time to watch these videos. If I want a video review I watch Optibotimus.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Video reviews are the worst. I want to know quickly what the reviewer thinks of a toy, not have to sit through ten minutes of reviewers doing all their gimmicks that have nothing to do with the toy or listen to half-hearted, unprofessional reviews. Videos dictate how long I have to spend doing something, whereas I can read at my own pace; I just want the info, not the crap.

Video Reviews have their merits... and I know that a lot of people do like them.
    We just need to cater to both groups of people here, and encourage interaction, by having something written on this site for other members to post a reply about.