Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen2 coloured Combiners?

Default Gen2 coloured Combiners?

We already have some individual Combiner Wars toys being redecos to make the most of the moulds, but now it looks like entire combiner sets could be coming soon, with a partial image of what looks to be Gen2 coloured Superion showing up from an unknown source on "4chan".

From the image, we can see blue fists, blue Superion chest and a blue Air Raid... and since the original versions of those parts are black or white, this wouldn't be a colour distortion from inadequate lighting.

If this is true, it would not be surprising, as we are likely to see these popular moulds/toys milked as much as possible, but the question is if this recolour will be a regular release or a store/convention exclusive... because it looks to come with a character card for Superion, instead of for the individual toys, so this could be released as a box-set.

I think a Gen2 redeco of the Aerialbots and Combaticons (if they are coming soon), would be fairly popular, but I think a Gen2 redeco of the Stunticons and Protectobots would be highly sought after, as the original Gen2 toys were teased but never released, so would be a great stand-in for that.

I guess if they are heading down the Gen2 path, the odds of a Gen2 coloured Megatron improves... but it might need to be next year to give time to clear out all the Armada Megatron toys from stores.

G2 versions of the combiners would be awesome! Though I'm guessing they will probably be store/convention/etc exclusives. I can't see Hasbro releasing whole recolour sets of combiners that appeal to a fairly niche set of collectors, at mass retail. In Australia at least, my money is going to be on TRU exclusive. :/ Although - I hope I'm wrong!

I just hope its not a SDCC exclusive.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    I just hope its not a SDCC exclusive.
    I'm not much for generations, combiner wars are my only chug figures now (saves the wallet from maketoys) and really not much for repaints (took me a long time to decide to get streak/smokescreen, and red alert... got rid of tigertrack in favor of um... another yellow lambo coming soon), but i could really go g2 superion/bruticus.

I love both colour schemes, and since i'd pre-order TT superion, then we had all those toy sales, i was fully intent on making my own g2 superion, but in the end decided i didnt have the talent to hand paint or make my own decals, so i'd be glad for official as it would be an easy yes for me, but if it is SDCC, it'd be an easy pass too.

Also the though of CW megs in his g2 scheme is a huge yes for me. I dont like the armada one (though i saw it customed as IDW fort max on ebay, was pretty sweet), and I have another um, figure, lined up for my megs (i almost never double up on characters), but G2 colour scheme is a different story.

As much as I love CW Superion, I'm going to give this a pass. Not a fan of the G2 colours and I certainly don't need a third CW Superion.

Pretty much anything released in G2 colours is me saving money.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

G2 Devastator would be more appealing as I never understood why a group of construction vehicles were lime green and purple, as opposed to yellow or orange like real life construction vehicles. On the other hand G2 Superion is taking a realistic set of colour schemes and making them weird, so seems less appealing.

Against that, "realistic" colour schemes are BOOOOORRRRING, so if this ends up being the Oz Comicon exclusive and I can afford it at the time, I may yet get it. But it's not something I'm going to go out of my way to hunt down.

Well I remember the FOC G2 Bruticus being an 'exclusive' which I ordered and then he showed up on Shelves here so the chances are good.

Like others who have ordered the CW and the UW versions - my budget couldn't afford a 3rd Superion & Menasor

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Well I remember the FOC G2 Bruticus being an 'exclusive' which I ordered and then he showed up on Shelves here so the chances are good.

Like others who have ordered the CW and the UW versions - my budget couldn't afford a 3rd Superion & Menasor
    Yeah if all combiners are coming out...I would have no budget for the G2 ones
    I have been saving already for 2months just to make way for UW01 Superion pre order