Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen1 Console game - Devastation

OK... so, Bumblebee is not a VW and Megatron's alt mode is a tank. I gotta say, I'm slightly disappointed now
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Gehirn View Post
    I hate when my giant transforming robot games break reality!
    It's more about sticking to the 'rules' of the universe as developed. BB turns into a car that moves by developing friction against the ground, 20 feet up in the air there is no friction. if exactly the same attack was performed at ground level I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Grimlock bio and gameplay videos.

(I'm actually avoiding watching most of the videos now, so that I get more impact/excitement from seeing and hearing these characters "for the first time" when I play the game.)
    ditto.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post

I've ordered the PC hardcopy that was linked a few posts up. Literally half the price of what it's going to cost through steam.
    I've just done the same, sure it'll take a few days to get to me, but I can wait - Steam price can ggf atm

It's more about sticking to the 'rules' of the universe as developed. BB turns into a car that moves by developing friction against the ground, 20 feet up in the air there is no friction. if exactly the same attack was performed at ground level I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    Yeah but it's the universe where sometimes Autobots can fly in robot mode, and other times they need jet packs.

I'm not sure if your serious or being sarcastic?
    I'm serious, the best Character Action Games are made by Platinum/Clover. Their only average one was Korra and that was a budget downloadable title.

Bear in mind that Devastation was developed in Japan, and physics takes a back seat in Japanese video games. I see these attacks as kinds of super-combo attacks.
    Physics Crusher!

I've been recently watching some interviews with the game developers, and they were saying that the people who developed this game love playing with Transformers toys, and that they would even have days when everyone would bring a Transformer toy to work and they'd just get down and play with them. And the developers have stated that they have based many of their models on existing toys. I think that this is incredibly awesome, and that their love for the toys seems to shine through in the game. As one previewer has stated, the game play is reminiscent of toy play. And so many of the game characters are clearly inspired by existing toys or the G1 cartoon model (which in turn are replicated by Masterpiece toys) -- so it feels like I could easily replicate most characters in this game with my Classicsverse and MP toys!

I really, really, really hope that Hasbro is working on releasing figures for all those "Vehicons."

I assumed that the release date was October 6th but apparently the Aussie release date is October 8th.

Glad I found out today before I popped down to EB to grab my preorder tomorrow. Disappointed that there are no preorder bonuses with this game. With FOC got some cool posters and even with ROTDS you at least got some multiplayer skins.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I assumed that the release date was October 6th but apparently the Aussie release date is October 8th.

Glad I found out today before I popped down to EB to grab my preorder tomorrow. Disappointed that there are no preorder bonuses with this game. With FOC got some cool posters and even with ROTDS you at least got some multiplayer skins.
    Yeah, I was surprised too that we were two days behind the US release, when the last few TFs games have been same day, which gave us a 8-12 hour headstart.

The lack of bonus stuff this time does suck, and I couldn't even find any promotion of it at a couple of EBs near me... not even on their weekly upcoming/preorder flyer that they will have stuck on the wall somewhere.
    And Activision in Australia are impossible to contact about games, so I can't even communicate with them to see what promotions they are actually doing, or what can be done.
    Because if these non-Movie games bomb in sales, we might only end up with the odd movie based games in future... and we all know how poorly those sorts of games rate in general.

Preorder "digital bonuses" are evil anyway and should not be encouraged. Swag is ok but witholding/locking content is a bad marketing practise leading to poorly finished games.

But yes the lack of general advertising for the game does concern me.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose