Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Ironhide

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    I'm getting this because hey it's MP and it's Ironhide. I'm treading on old territory by saying the hip kibble is not ideal but looking at some 3rd party designs their hip designs aren't perfect either.

I do hope there will be some decent paint apps, but have to wait and see.
    I am fine with shape, just hope decent paint.

He does look quite tall

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    WOW, the bountiful hate in this thread and others for official Masterpiece toys is surprising.

I'm yet to open my Tracks, but everything else I've had up to now which is pretty much all the main releases and some extras I've been very happy with.

The retail cost of most of the cars has been at about AU$45 - AU$55 converted from Yen. the AU$80 - AU$100 mark that they cost locally is a result of import and other associated costs for retailers to get them to Australia and still be able to make a profit on them. it's unfair on the designers of these toys to judge them on the imported price in a foreign market.

The designs have been solid and in most cases, so has the fit and finish of the toys. They are still being manufactured as a child safe mass market product. There are always going to be design decisions made that make a product more affordable but potentially less appealing. Often these decisions are made by a marketing or management person who has no attachment to or understanding of the final point of the product.

perhaps is people are so upset with design decisions and product standards they could make a toy venting thread and put diatribe in there, leave the new product thread for discussion about the upcoming product and it's specific features or lack thereof.

just a thought.
    A great idea, then we won't have to hear all the whinging and negativity about a prototype or rehash time after time after time the same whinging about previous toys
    If you want to be negative start the venting thread UM mentions

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    Proportion wise he's not pretty. The narrow chest and wide hips dont help.

On a side note i google ironhide to refresh my memory and i get images of the movie version. No idea wtf im supposed to be looking at. So ####### ####.
    Classy. No, really, that's what this fandom needs. More swearing at toys. Way to be constructive!!

I'm getting this. There are things about it I don't like, but overall, like Tracks, I still think it'll be a fantastic representation of the character.
    Last edited by Trent; 20th January 2016 at 12:31 PM.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

WOW, the bountiful hate in this thread and others for official Masterpiece toys is surprising.

I'm yet to open my Tracks, but everything else I've had up to now which is pretty much all the main releases and some extras I've been very happy with.

The retail cost of most of the cars has been at about AU$45 - AU$55 converted from Yen. the AU$80 - AU$100 mark that they cost locally is a result of import and other associated costs for retailers to get them to Australia and still be able to make a profit on them. it's unfair on the designers of these toys to judge them on the imported price in a foreign market.

The designs have been solid and in most cases, so has the fit and finish of the toys. They are still being manufactured as a child safe mass market product. There are always going to be design decisions made that make a product more affordable but potentially less appealing. Often these decisions are made by a marketing or management person who has no attachment to or understanding of the final point of the product.

perhaps is people are so upset with design decisions and product standards they could make a toy venting thread and put diatribe in there, leave the new product thread for discussion about the upcoming product and it's specific features or lack thereof.

just a thought.
    why can't people have discussions that are negative? why don't you start a positive gushing thread for people who only want to say good things?

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    why can't people have discussions that are negative? why don't you start a positive gushing thread for people who only want to say good things?
    Exactly. By that same logic we cant be postive either because...its a test shot and things can change.

I highly doubt its going to change much from here on anyway. If it does change it'll probably be minor parts to him, nothing that will change the shape or transformation too severely.

I dont think anyone is being overly negative anyway. I've already pre-ordered mine and ratchet. I cant say i dont like his proportions?

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    Exactly. By that same logic we cant be postive either because...its a test shot and things can change.

I highly doubt its going to change much from here on anyway. If it does change it'll probably be minor parts to him, nothing that will change the shape or transformation too severely.

I dont think anyone is being overly negative anyway. I've already pre-ordered mine and ratchet. I cant say i dont like his proportions?
    If you re-read my post, it's about long winded rants that don't have anything to do with the topic of the thread, rather than level headed discussion about the upcoming figure (in this case Ironhide).
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    We do like to try and 'ruin' things for ourselves these days particularly the more pop culture stuff
    Not "we".... a very very small minority.

Just count up the different people in this topic and see how many are overly negative about something that isn't even out yet.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If you re-read my post, it's about long winded rants that don't have anything to do with the topic of the thread, rather than level headed discussion about the upcoming figure (in this case Ironhide).
    I am comparing this mp to all current MPs till date. If that's not relevant to you that's your opinion of it. There is a difference between I am say this is a shit figure and I hope it's not going to be like this in comparison.

As far as my concern goes, it's two things for me. Ironhide paint job whether is going to be bare red plastic and his transformation whether is going to be fiddly like tracks. Call it negative or positive or whatever you want, I think they are related topic when in discussion.

Cheers.

Applaud TakaraTomy's ambition in tackling such a popular yet difficult character-model to work with however I think I will pass on this guy. Mostly due to budgetary constraints but also because TT have demonstrated in the past that it IS possible for them to produce a Masterpiece design I wouldn't be too upset living without and I reckon this is a prahm candidate. It's a shame really because I love the Ironhide character.

A few more test shot pics (with some funky poses) via DaimChoc.

I wonder when we're going to get some shots of the finished product?