Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Ironhide

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
    awesome will add this to my collection. not to happy with the removable panel . unless it has a way to stay on. in bot mode
    I'm not keen on partsforming either. This is supposed to be masterpiece FFS.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

More information from the designers has been released. The hip panels can rotate around to the back. The extra piece is seperate and does not form part of the van.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Is still plastic it should not be over priced

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    More information from the designers has been released. The hip panels can rotate around to the back. The extra piece is seperate and does not form part of the van.
    Thank God for that... Looking at the pictures I was pretty let down by the reveal simply because the hip panels were a massive distraction for me. If they are around the back I won't mind as much. If they can tuck or blend in further it would be fantastic.

Looking forward to more pictures in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    The extra piece is seperate and does not form part of the van.
    That's a pretty impressive feat of engineering, getting the whole van into the robot mode like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    That's a pretty impressive feat of engineering, getting the whole van into the robot mode like that.
    Too right and in light of which, the kibble on hips are even less of a bother to me now.

I actually kind of wish the old Diaclone Battle Platform WAS part of MP Ironhide...

Guess I'll just have to be satisfied with what TakTom offers in the rebooted 2016 Diaclone line, eh?

He looks the biz, I'm impressed how they managed to make the van convert into such a simple looking kibble free robot (from the front). I wonder how much he will cost? Less than that recently announced Third Party Ratchet I hope. I dread the local Toys R Us price though.

And boy does he have a huge crotch, It doesn't bother me so much because Ironhide is such a manly guy, and aside from his chest window and head, that's pretty much his only distinguishing feature in bot mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Looks nice! And will expect Ratchet not far behind...
    Don't forget Diaclone colour Ironhide, Taktom must get maximum repaints for all these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I'm not entirely sold on his look yet, but I hope it grows on me. I'll definitely be buying, but then, what to do with my igear versions?
    Put his IDW head on, and move him to the CHUG shelf, that's where mins is, he never looked MP enough in bot mode anyway (too much detail).

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Maybe I missed it...but is this a licensed Nissan Vanette version? Something tells me 'no'?
    They mentioned alt mode is based on a Nissan Vanette on the video of the presentation...may be it will be a licensed one

The worst kept secret has now been revealed... but that hasn't made it any less awesome...

Loving it

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    They mentioned alt mode is based on a Nissan Vanette on the video of the presentation...may be it will be a licensed one
    i don't see any badges on either the vehicle or robot modes
    but they may add those later, it may not be licensed or i may have missed the obvious.