Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Subscription Service 4.0

Want. Want a lot.
    That is all.

I hope it's colours end up being comic-accurate.
    Not sure if the mould works that well for Impactor, because he doesn't have the trademark shoulder cannon. I think they could stick that head on any bulky vehicle toy... but the weird fist-holes for Combiner Rook must have been the deciding point.

So it looks like FunPub have decided that TFW is too hostile (and promotes the TFCon) and have announced their official partnership with Seibertron with the reveal of this toy (as they revealed it on Seibertron before on their own FunPub sites or outlets)... and since they now have a sub-forum on Seibertron, in a way, it means FunPub don't have to set up their own forums anymore after years of promises.
    (that explains why Seibertron wasn't posting any news coming out of TFCon, as FunPub wouldn't have allowed them to do it)

If FunPub don't change the way they treat their fans, interacting exclusively on a new fansite won't last long... unless Seibertron has been instructed by FunPub to censor criticism if they want to keep the relationship.
    Last edited by griffin; 22nd July 2015 at 05:21 PM.

I tried looking for this on TFW, and it's been moved out of the news section into Conventions... and looks like a fair bit of anti-Funpub posts must have been posted and removed.
    TFW is the bigger of the two fansites, so I wonder if FunPub are going to lose even more customers now, from not having their products featured on the site with more Transformers fans. (and hopefully FunPub don't try to convince Hasbro to ban TFW from accessing news and presentations like Toyfair and SDCC as payback)

It's certainly going to make it harder for me to keep up with Club news if TFW are no longer going to front-page it, as I don't often check Seibertron because their front page is not viewer friendly (especially on mobile devices), with their endless sponsor postings that you have to scroll down for ages to get to a news posting.
    I don't have anything against people using Seibertron (after the mess of them not crediting my works was sorted out), and I am not discouraging people from using it either... I'm just saying that TFW has been the easier site for me to use for relaying news to this site, which will mean relying on other people here more often, to post up Club news in future.

EDIT - this is a statement from TFW about why they can't front-page as much Club news anymore (because it would be promoting Seibertron now).

it's pretty poor form for an official representative of Hasbro to essentially pick sides with one fan forum over another. even though this is the sort of thing that Seibertron has been angling towards for years since they stopped front paging Independent developer news, hoping to get 'in' with Hasbro.

It will be interesting to see how they go in the future with their podcast, they have been rather scathing of the club in the past, they have praised the club too where credit was due. but boy some of the rants that have gone on.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I really would like to get Impactor, but if it's gonna be too expensive or hard to get, then I'll pass and just stick w/ my Generations Impactor (and his Dutch pride ).

After Seibertron had Hasbro and them the SDCC exclusive Devi/Combiner Hunters sets, I'm wondering if Hasbro had a say in this?

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    ooohhhh....

i just thought.... 7th fig = megs/warpath repaint into bludgeon bot!
    That's all I ask for! Just a simple maroon plastic torso with jade/emerald arms/legs..

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If FunPub don't change the way they treat their fans, interacting exclusively on a new fansite won't last long... unless Seibertron has been instructed by FunPub to censor criticism if they want to keep the relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I tried looking for this on TFW, and it's been moved out of the news section into Conventions... and looks like a fair bit of anti-Funpub posts must have been posted and removed.
    TFW is the bigger of the two fansites, so I wonder if FunPub are going to lose even more customers now, from not having their products featured on the site with more Transformers fans. (and hopefully FunPub don't try to convince Hasbro to ban TFW from accessing news and presentations like Toyfair and SDCC as payback)
    I doubt an incorporated company would allow for any influence from a poor operation like FunPub. If Hasbro was going to spend any time/effort/dollars in suppressing negative opinions they would have attacked third party producers (the non-KO'ers) a long time ago.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    If Hasbro was going to spend any time/effort/dollars in suppressing negative opinions they would have replaced FunPub a long time ago.
    Fixed. Maybe?
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Does anyone else think its bizarre that there would be a club forum on an unofficial site, rather than just rolling out a new forum on the clubs own? Guess they've given up promising to fix it
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Word is that the 4th series will have their subscription period during August. Like previous years they will have a three instalment payment option, as well as a new third payment option - 2 part payments before the release of the first toy.