Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: July's Wallet Devastations

Combiner Wars Titan Class Devastator
    Combiner Wars Legends Class Rodimus
    Takara Legends Megatron
    Takara Legends Shrapnel
    Takara Legends Bombshell

Wow, great to see that people are still finding Devastators. Either scalpers didn't get 'em all, and/or stores are starting to restock.

Still haven't gotten one, waiting for Kmart or target to get it for like $20 less

Received a couple of things late this week

From Ploughman's Lunch a nice United Grapple, and from an o/seas collector, Arms Micron Jet Vehicon.

Bruticus vs Grimlock Plantinum set $50
    Bruticus Upgrade Kit $15
    Metroplex FOC $50
    Combiner Wars Devastator x 2 $396
    CW Leader Starscream $45
    CW Menasor $130
    As well as pre ordering 4 DBZ Figuarts this has been wallet breaking over the last 7 days but scored some great deals!

Technically June but I wasn't back yet and my friend gave it to me when I came back July 1 so it's a July post heheheh

Devastator!! Also got from the mail Platinum Seeker set and MP Star Saber coin

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

CW Blades
    CW First Aid
    CW Streetwise
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

So from the Penrith Collectors fair I picked up
    RID Sky Byte
    Movie Incinerator
    ROTF Stratosphere (with Optimus Prime)
    TF 2010 Mudflap, Skids and Sideways

Plus from Big W on my way home
    BH Starscream
    BH Dead End
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Thanks to Jazzcomp for the door to door delivery!

CW Quickslinger.... now just need for Air Raid to arrive from my BBTS POL. BUt with Alpha Bravo around, Superion is basically completed
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Not going to let July get away from me as June did!

On Thursday I had a sizeable & weighty package arrive from the persistently awesome team at Hobby Link Japan:

...contained within was a host of Transforming fun!
    • (Re-Re-Rerelease) TakaraTomy Masterpiece: MP-10 - Convoy
    • TakaraTomy Unite Warriors: UW-01 - Superion/Aerialbots

I was somewhat "Brow-beaten" by the lovely local TF peeps on Twitter, , into just coming to my senses and Preordering MP-10 - I LOVE my MP-04, always will, but holy crap were people right in just how much refinement is present in this mold!
    He's lovely to transform, pose & repeat - The lack of heft makes him a little less cumbersome to handle compared to his predecessor and he just looks like a bloody tough Bot, funnily enough not diminished in any way by standing next to MP Magnus who is just a Brick-****house!

UW-01 Superion/Aerialbots are a fun bunch too; Simple transformations, great articulation, but once "United" they kinda loose a bit of magic...

Sure, Superion looks great (Barring the hands & feet which look ridiculous) but I find the hip/thigh ratchets don't have enough meaningful detents to produce decent dynamic postures - He looks fine standing in an upright, idle pose but move a leg out by one detent and the "Kid-friendliness" becomes apparent.
    Much like the enjoyment I derive from the early Power Rangers: Megazord toys, however, pulling him apart & putting him back together is his best feature and as a whole a far superior execution compared to that of poor 'ole FoC: Bruticus.

Hot on the heals of this lot though, was a rather miraculous series of finds today between TRU & Myer.
    At TRU I found Alpha Bravo, completing my Classicsverse Aerialbots and at Myer I found CW Rook, First Aid, Blades & Streetwise!

...I can't wait to getting around to opening them up and mucking around with them, now I've just gotta get a hold of Hotspot!