Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Platinum Edition G1 Coloured AOE Dinobots Box Set.

Since I'd never heard this news about Dinobots being released this year I don't share the same dissapointment that the rest of you have, though I completely understand it.

I don't think we will ever get reissues of the G1 Dinobots. I'd just be happy for a proper CHUG set of them. It seems so odd that so many less popular characters have gotten the Generations treatment (sometimes even more than one toy) yet the powers that be still haven't bothered with this highly popular group.

G1 Head-sculpts!?!?

I now must have them! I must ensure my collection of AoE Voyager Grimlocks is complete!

I'll concede, I was originally against this set but seeing the G1 head-sculpts completely changed me. I love their look! Also it's in those really sexy Platinum-edition boxes that Hasbro have been doing really well with.

I wonder if these toys are being marketed as part of the Movieverse or Classicsverse; i.e. the mainstream Generations line w/o the "Age of Extinction" sub title. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

It seems so odd that so many less popular characters have gotten the Generations treatment (sometimes even more than one toy) yet the powers that be still haven't bothered with this highly popular group.
    Generations cliffjumper?

Well, I must say that this is disappointing. On the plus side, I get to save some money.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

At least it saves me some money.
    It was the only Platinum Edition set I was going to buy that was a reissue in original colours.
    Looks like it is just going to be the Blitzwing/Astrotrain set, which is already on its way from Amazon.

I am one sad panda

Was really looking forward to upgrading my current G1 Dinobots, as they were well loved toys in my youth... Oh well...

I am really disappointed about this news, I don't even vaguely blame Griffin it's just disappointing, I've had money aside for months for this set. I never had a full set of G1 Dinobots, and half the ones I did have were the G2 coloured ones that never really scratched the right itch.

given the other platinum releases and the mention of G1 dinobots that the Hasbro rep made to Griffin, the expectation that this set was a reissue rather than a repaint with new heads is hardly a stretch.

This is a waste of plastic and I wouldn't buy them if the set was $10.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The new heads look cool, but then I remember that most of the moulds suck. Snarl and Slag are the best looking.

Not sure how I feel about it. G1 reissues would have been nice, but I was fairly indifferent anyway.

I like the idea of the Gen1 heads, and would have made the SDCC & Amazon Dinobots even better.
    This set, like the other Platinum sets this year, will probably be best just left in-box on display.

I'm just glad that I had a suspicion from the start that it was too good to be true, to not go proclaiming it all over the internet... instead, I had it buried in the Toyfair report for people to find. (and it was other fansites and fans who focussed on the Dinobots bit of the report)
    It will still impact on the believability of any news from Australia in future (from anyone, not just me), based on the comments already posted on other fansites already.

It certainly proves the saying - pics or it didn't happen.