Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
I did like the idea of Hasbro injecting some 'new blood' during Combiner Wars into well known teams, but it didn't seem to go down well with long-time fans. Maybe thats why a member of the Combaticons wasn't completely changed? (though Blast Off becoming a jet was hugely controversial)

Did anyone ever make up a gestalt of just the 'bots that Geewunners forgot'?

IE Alpha Bravo, Rook, Offroad, Blackjack, Jet Blastoff.....

You could have the Betatron/Scattorshot variant as the torso...
My 'rejecticons' are the limbs of sky lynx.

I really like the idea of new characters and bought all four of those misfits. I would have much preferred if the 'blast off in jet mode' had been given a new name though. I have always been irritated by toys/characters with G1 names having different personalities/alt modes to their original form. I'm getting used to the idea of 'different continuities' like animated or another line, but when the line is such a clear Homage to G1, or potentially in the same 'universe as G1, I much prefer new characters to have new names. Lockdown and Lugnut and bulk head are excellent examples. I even liked Prime bulkhead as he was pretty much the same character drawn in a different manner.

I am on occasion now interested to see the 'new take' of a character like for instance the movie lockdown from DOTM.