Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10th anniversary today of the first FunPub BotCon

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    i'm making my way through, it's a great read, interesting to see how things have or have not changed. i'm liking the 'pick a path' style of page selection as well that you've got going at the bottom of each section.
    I'm glad it is being enjoyed.

I found that it was best to be structured that way - a chronological read-through for me to relive later (and it was something for my grandmother to be able to follow when she was still around so she could skip the Transformers parts and see what touristy things I did), and a structured index and follow-on links of highlighted parts for Transformers fans to more easily find just the Transformers (convention) parts.

As such though, it means the Convention reports take longer than a more basic write-up of unlinked pages.... and by that time, fans have usually moved on to not get much interest in it.

It was reminding me of the renewed optimism we had by the end of the convention, with Fun Publications taking over and not screwing it up... it was reminding me of how enthusiastic I was (and most fans were) of them after the event wrapped up.... I even volunteered to help them pack up because I felt they had earned it despite the unfamiliar fandom to them (they turned down my offer).

How times, and moods, have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    How times, and moods, have changed.
    I guess that's the difference between promises and actions.

Taken optimistically though, they have done a better job so far with reveals and announcements for next years convention.

Personally I don't care for Beastwars characters and I'm not keen on getting remoulds/paints of Combiner wars toys, and the con is around the week of our Anniversary so I probably won't be going unless we work it into an anniversary trip somewhere.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)