Thread: BotCon registration is now open - attending & non-attending

Default BotCon registration is now open - attending & non-attending

The registration is now open (as of three hours ago), and it worked quite smoothly.
    (I guess without any bugs in the system this time, it was launched quite suddenly without warning... at least for us who are sleeping on this side of the world who would have stayed up if we'd known it was today.)

Both attending and non-attending can buy their boxsets.

Looks like the new program allows you to add-on items later because there is an option on the first page to skip past the boxset screen if you already bought one (I haven't tested it though).

And keep in mind the match-up topic, if there is someone you know and trust that you want to help out with a boxset or loose set.
    Last edited by griffin; 21st January 2016 at 07:21 AM.

I ended up registering for....
    $724 - the Golden Ticket,
    $295 - Loose set (to pass onto someone else),
    $120 - Thursday Custom Class,
    $30 - T-shirt,
    $75 - and unpainted Custom Class toy
    (plus $7 processing fee)

That came to US$1,251... which was AU$1,830.10 on my card. (plus exchange rate fee, which hasn't been charged yet)

When I woke up and saw that registration had started 3 hours ago, I was worried that I had missed the Thursday Custom Class (as I wasn't interested in either of the tours, so was planning to only go for the four days instead of five - so if I had missed the Thursday Class, I wouldn't have signed up for the Wednesday one)... but surprisingly, it was still available. Even last year I think the Thursday Class sold out pretty quickly, so this could be an indication of another drop in attendance for this year.

As such, I think the non-attendee allocation of boxsets might sell out this time (so get yours fast if you were planning to get one), as there was more interest in the Combiner set, but not really any increase in the interest to attend.

Apparently the Thursday Class is now full... so I must have just snuck in at the end. (or at least, I hope I got in... or hope that there are no issues with my registration when it is manually processed)

Now to find someone in America that I know well enough, to share with, to cut the cost of accommodation.

Congrats on getting through to the custom class in time. lucky. One of my favourite parts of the convention.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    $295 - Loose set (to pass onto someone else),
    I'll grab the loose set if I can. If you can nab an extra custom figure, I'll take that as well.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

I wonder if FunPub would cancel the convention if they don't get enough people registering to attend... and just sell off their toys through their online store like with their other toys.
    Because... we had the first day in America, and on the two main fansites, I only counted about 15 people posting up that they registered. At least they got 60 people registering, as the Custom Classes have 60 people in them and the Thursday Class is apparently full.
    Even on Seibertron there wasn't many people there saying that they had registered. Despite people thinking that the TFW community is opposed to FunPub, there were more people posting there that they had registered.
    I remember just a couple years ago, there would be a heap of people on both sites posting up that they had just registered... even last year with the nightmare of a registration website.
    I don't think that the possibility of it maybe being the last one is prompting people to go, just in case it is. Instead, it's almost like people can't wait for FunPub to end its relationship with the Transformers fandom, and are looking forward to a replacement, no matter what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Congrats on getting through to the custom class in time. lucky. One of my favourite parts of the convention.
    Thanks. I decided to cut back on the time there this year as there isn't anyone else going that I know (or promised to go this year - yes, you know who you are )... and Louisville doesn't appeal to me enough to get there early to explore it or to do either of the pre-Con tours. If there were people going that I knew well enough to enjoy the full package I would have done something on the Wednesday and flown in on Monday like most years. Instead, I'll just fly in Wednesday and do the early bird package pickup that evening, and save two nights accommodation (if I can't find someone to share with).

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    I'll grab the loose set if I can. If you can nab an extra custom figure, I'll take that as well.
    OK, I'll send you a PM.