Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TFCC Subscription Service 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_K View Post
    Not a member of the club so does anyone know how (apart from eBay) I might be able to get ahold of the Optimus Pretender?
    BBTS usually stocks these figures with markup although if unpopular they may end up cheaper. See here although these news one are unlikely to be on order yet since they aren't all "announced" yet.

Now a photo from the magazine appears of Ramjet and Skywarp. Does Funpub not care anymore about this stuff?

Mr_K is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    BBTS usually stocks these figures with markup although if unpopular they may end up cheaper. See here although these news one are unlikely to be on order yet since they aren't all "announced" yet.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Yeah I got most of TFSS 1.0 from BBTS actually cheaper than it would have been from TFCC

I was hoping for the same for Krok from the 3.0 but looks like BBTS preorders sold out

Or they could just be planning to bill us then bail off into the sunset *cough*OTFCC*cough*
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah I got most of TFSS 1.0 from BBTS actually cheaper than it would have been from TFCC

I was hoping for the same for Krok from the 3.0 but looks like BBTS preorders sold out
    Yeah, looking back at the past few years there's always been more duds than gems. I ended up selling my TFSS 1.0 set through eBay for 2/3 what I paid, and when I met up with the buyer he said he basically only really wanted Nemesis Prime. He didn't even know about TFCC but he was a big Masterpiece/CHUG collector that missed out on G2 Black OP from the Tokyo Toy Show.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Yeah, looking back at the past few years there's always been more duds than gems. I ended up selling my TFSS 1.0 set through eBay for 2/3 what I paid, and when I met up with the buyer he said he basically only really wanted Nemesis Prime. He didn't even know about TFCC but he was a big Masterpiece/CHUG collector that missed out on G2 Black OP from the Tokyo Toy Show.
    I was happy with all but Serpentor from last year's set, and picked up Chromedome and Jackpot from the previous services. Wouldn't mind Treadshot, but there's not many others I'd be after...

TFSS 4 has me wanting them all (not just cause it's a combiner) but due to the characters in use.

Unconvinced on #5 yet...

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    I was happy with all but Serpentor from last year's set, and picked up Chromedome and Jackpot from the previous services. Wouldn't mind Treadshot, but there's not many others I'd be after...

TFSS 4 has me wanting them all (not just cause it's a combiner) but due to the characters in use.

Unconvinced on #5 yet...
    Treadshot is a solid toy. Strong joints all around, zero mould degradation and quality paint/colours. I like to keep him with Krok and would be interested in other even more obscure Actionmasters getting the Classicsverse update with an Arms Micron partner.

I love the choice of team for TFSS 4.0, but can't justify the price. I think this set and together with the Botcon exclusives has the biggest chance of catching up to Botcon 2006's Dawn of Futures Past boxset in being highly sought after.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

The current issue of the Club Magazine has apparently noted that the fourth Subscription set (Thunder Mayhem & Impactor) will start shipping in April (after BotCon which is in the first week), with each toy being send out 3 weeks apart... further supporting the suspicion that they are trying to squeeze in the fifth Subscription set before the end of the year, as if their license ends this year.

I just got my club magazine and there's some info up front about TFSS 4.0. It says that toys will start shipping in April and will be sent out about every three weeks. Presuming this schedule holds (presuming also a late April since Botcon is 7-10), that would have the last 4.0 shipment in mid-to-late August (example, if they start shipping on April 22 and we have exactly three weeks between each, the last shipment would be sent out Aug 5).
    This could mean that the fourth set could be sent out by the first week of August, giving them 21 weeks to get the fifth set sent out, when they only need 18 weeks at this 3-week schedule.
    That could give them enough time to get the pre-orders done in March/April (which are often only about 2-3 weeks), and get the toys made and sent to them by August/September.

So, giving FunPub a week to get back from the convention and get back to their usual routine, these are the likely postage dates for the fourth set...
    Toy 1 - Week starting Monday April 18th
    Toy 2 - May 9th
    Toy 3 - May 30th
    Toy 4 - June 20th
    Toy 5 - July 11th
    Toy 6&7 - August 1st

That gives them until September 12th to then start sending out the fifth set at 3 week intervals, to still get the last one posted out in the last week of the year.

HaHa, you're assuming that they would get the 5th set shipped to them without piggybacking it on another Botcon set... (ooh bitter Twisted me just got out for a second.)
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)