Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 30% off Transformers at TARGET extended to March 18th

This may be extended. They still had the old tag there but there was also a new one which said 30% off TFs till 18th March. Tried scanning a Legends fig and it comes up to $14 so still seems to be working today.

Nuts. Thought it was finished so didn't bother checking out Target today.

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    This may be extended. They still had the old tag there but there was also a new one which said 30% off TFs till 18th March. Tried scanning a Legends fig and it comes up to $14 so still seems to be working today.
    There's never enough details on their website, other than "30% off selected toys" with links that only goes to their online store items instead of the details or T&Cs of the sale... and since they only have one Transformers toy listed (Devastator), it is hard to know if the Brand is on sale, or just that one toy.

Here's the tag that was on the shelf:

Cheers.
    I'll make a news announcement with it.

(and I'll have to see if any of my Kmarts will match it like some other lucky people)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Nuts. Thought it was finished so didn't bother checking out Target today.
    me too. all weekend I've not bothered.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

if anyone manages to match skylynx or get skylynx at target, could you please post your receipt? (hopefully he appears everywhere during this time lol)

Today I tried at two different stores (a Kmart and a Myer) to price-match their toys to the Target shelf labels that showed the sale pricing, and both stores said that they would only do it if they rang the nearest Target store and they had them in stock... which I knew that the nearby Target stores didn't have the items I was wanting from these two stores.
    If the Target stores had them, I would have just bought them from there... what's the point of offering a price-match policy if you are only going to match exact products and not products within the product's range, just to make some money from the customer. If you are only going to match exact items that are in stock at a store the customer just went to in order to get the price in the first place, then the customer wouldn't waste the time coming to your store just for that item.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Today I tried at two different stores (a Kmart and a Myer) to price-match their toys to the Target shelf labels that showed the sale pricing, and both stores said that they would only do it if they rang the nearest Target store and they had them in stock... which I knew that the nearby Target stores didn't have the items I was wanting from these two stores.
    If the Target stores had them, I would have just bought them from there... what's the point of offering a price-match policy if you are only going to match exact products and not products within the product's range, just to make some money from the customer. If you are only going to match exact items that are in stock at a store the customer just went to in order to get the price in the first place, then the customer wouldn't waste the time coming to your store just for that item.
    It depends on the clerk. It's like all the stories about getting nugget sauce at U.S. Mc Donalds. They act like their job is on the line lol. I'd try again if they had a different clerk the next time you see them. Them calling the nearest store is a new one And lazy from them, should have argued with them with what you said about buying from the other stores if they had stock. I've been able to price match some items that were only located ages away xD (e.g Mandurah lol).

Tl;dr try another time with a different clerk.

So, I get that it appears senseless to have to confirm that the local store has an item in stock, because why would you then just not bother going to the other store. I say that as a former Target employee where that was also the policy.

But from the flip side, if you can't get the item from the other store, why should the store you're in be required to knock off 30% just because you don't want to pay full price.

It negates any competitive advantage resulting from being first to market.