Page 28 of 72 FirstFirst ... 81823242526272829303132333848 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

I didn't watch Sarah Jane. I know the type of fan you're talking about though -- some of my colleagues are like that. But then there's the fan on the other end of the spectrum who seem to be ignorant of anything that came before the Ninth Doctor (sometimes ignorant of anything that came before the Tenth!).

I personally think there's pros and cons with both pre and post new-age Dr Who. To me the Old Age Doctor was more of a scifi sleuth notorious for terrible looking visual effects, whereas the new one is more of an action hero with astounding state-of-the art special effects. I like both formats of the show for their different strengths. Although I wish the show would go back to having more "stand alone" episodes and not necessarily have every series be one long-spanning epic story arc. One thing that I preferred with the older series was the format of having more compact mini-arcs that are more easily digestable for casual viewers like myself. jmho

The solid gold butt-hurt that has come out of the new Doctor being "old" is absolutely delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    The solid gold butt-hurt that has come out of the new Doctor being "old" is absolutely delicious.
    Really? - There are people offended by the fact that an older actor is to be the next Doctor? , I guess there's a bunch in every fandom huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Really? - There are people offended by the fact that an older actor is to be the next Doctor? , I guess there's a bunch in every fandom huh?
    http://youtu.be/RzWOlMif-Fw

This was my favorite, the twitter compilations are also pretty funny.

Ya-hooooo, I finally got my Power of the Daleks Reconstructed CD to work again!!!!!

very disappointed character options changed the scale of the doctor who figures for the last Matt Smith series which btw are available at ABC stores

Let's see how an old doctor appeals to the younger fandom. Can he still run? Or will he behave like the old Master who dislikes his deteriorating body?
    Last edited by jazzcomp; 24th September 2013 at 07:42 PM.

the old doctor will kill off all the tweeny bopper david tennant fans lol my fave's still tom baker

Quote Originally Posted by Ryathalas View Post
    the old doctor will kill off all the tweeny bopper david tennant fans lol my fave's still tom baker
    Hey I like Tennant's Doctor and I'm not a tweeny bopper, thats so 90s

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Ya-hooooo, I finally got my Power of the Daleks Reconstructed CD to work again!!!!!
    ....and I finally figured out how to watch the Shada webcast animation that was included in the Legacy boxset!

Amazing the things you can do when you're bored....