Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Australian $

It really sucks for me... I bought all my TFs from the States. Sigh, Deluxes for $14AUD shipped a piece... no more. My Purchases have slowed down considerably. Retail prices here I cannot justify paying, or afford. Hopefully it creeps back upto the 80c mark before Alternity Convoy & Megatron are released.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecracker View Post
    It really sucks for me... I bought all my TFs from the States. Sigh, Deluxes for $14AUD shipped a piece... no more. My Purchases have slowed down considerably. Retail prices here I cannot justify paying, or afford. Hopefully it creeps back upto the 80c mark before Alternity Convoy & Megatron are released.
    I know what you mean. I had a US board guy who I thought would be my long term contact for new stuff too but that fell apart as soon as the AUD crashed and burned.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

66c . GG
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

If this keeps up, I may have to put my collecting on indefinate hiatus. 66 US cents is just ridiculous.

...still not as bad as 2000 when the AUD dropped below 50 USc. :/

Its still manageable.

I have slowed down in my imports but not stopped collecting. The only thing really being affected is my purchase of vintage and G1 figures. I can handle the new releases such as Henkei much better because their releases are spaced out monthly with projected release schedules. When it comes to G1 and others, it was pretty much about chance, you never knew what you would find while scanning Ebay and some of the toys can reach $100 or more. It was something that was impossible to plan as it was based on opportunity.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    66c . GG

I don't think I'll be shipping my loot until my very last pre-ordered fig becomes available... *sigh*

I'm so glad I went nuts and finished off G1 (and grabbed some BotCon stuff) while the dollar was over 90c. I dipped into savings quite a bit - but my theory of doing so while the rate was so high was spot on.

Now I just have to again save the $3000 or so I blew...

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

The one good thing about the financial troubles in America at the moment, is that we should see more stuff on ebay go cheaply, at least, the more obscure stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The one good thing about the financial troubles in America at the moment, is that we should see more stuff on ebay go cheaply, at least, the more obscure stuff.
    that was my theory, more people need to sell off their collections, sad for them, means bargains for me :P