Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post

Why are you, or anybody else that dislikes Bay's movies watching it then?
It perplexes me when I see people openly express their dislike for Bay's movies, only to waste their time and/or money by sitting there for 2.5 hours & watching it. I think there's a bit more to it than "happy to be proven wrong".
Because I've been a sucker for Transformers since I was a kid.

1986: "What's this? Wheelie? Looks like rubbish. Eh, I'll buy it." (note: I saw the toy months before the movie came out, so I had no attachment to the character at the time of purchase)
1988: "Firecons? They look stupid! Okay, I'll buy 'em. Not gonna get these Pretenders though. They look really dumb."
(on my birthday) "Oh hey, a Pretender! So weird. Okay, I'll get more."

1990: "Transformers that don't transform? You've got to be kidding me. There's no way I'd ever-- oh, look, Jazz has a motorised skateboard like the Ninja Turtles! Cowa-bunga!"
1991: "Man, Classic Sideswipe is so sweet. I really-- what's this? Action Master Sideswipe? Puh-lease! Why would I... oh, okay then."
1992: "These toys don't even have names. Lemme get my wallet."
1993: "Did you notice how those Transformers Generation 2 look a lot like Generation 1? Hahahahahahaha!" ←(actual words in a conversation with classmates during morning roll call class - we laughed our butts off until the teacher told us to shut up) <after.school> Hhhmmm... <takes.out.wallet>
1998: "Fuzors? Who the hell asked for Transformers Wuzzles?!" <takes.out.wallet>
1999: "Gah... these Transmetal 2s look terrible. Has anyone sighted them in stores? Animorphs?! That's just stupid. Oh look, Ax/Scorpion's on sale..."

2000: "You know these Beast Machines toys have really bad beast modes when the packaging needs to tell you what the animals are." <takes.out.wallet>
2003: "These Mini-Cons are cool, but the larger toys make my shoulders hurt." <takes.out.wallet>

2004: "Buy all the repaints!"
2005: "Star Wars Transformers? Talk about oil and water." <takes.out.wallet>

2008: "I can't believe they gave Transformers a Cartoon Network aesthetic. Looks too simplified and cartoony, not like the Japanese anime mecha style that we're used to." <collects.Animated>

2009: "Combiner Class Devastator has got to be one of the most overpriced pieces of crap that they've ever made for Transformers. I'm perfectly happy with my Legends set that can individually transform and combine, thanks. Oh look, Big W has Combiner Class Devvy on sale... Nom! Nom! Nom!"

2011: "Man, Revenge of the Fallen was so bad, but there was a writer's strike. Dark of the Moon will surely be better!"
2014: "The last two sequels were terrible, and I'm sure this one will be too. Just as well I have free tickets."
2015: These RiD toys look mediocre at best. <gets.initial.toys.for.free - collects.the.rest.on.discount>
2017: "Bay's track record indicates that The Last Knight is gonna be rubbish. Just as well I have free ticket vouchers."