Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Reboots often do that these days, because of the over-white, over-male representation (with maybe a token black guy at the back and a female who often needs rescuing) of 20th century comics, cartoons and their associated toys.
As long as the story is good, and the character traits are the same or better), what difference does it make what colour or gender the main characters are (provided they don't make it a political issue or a plot device, which detracts from the integrity of the overall story arc).
I remember when the RDM BSG first was aired in Australia a lady I worked with was really upset that the all male white Viper pilot cast of the original (except for the token black guy) was changed to have female pilots. You would think a woman would be happy that women are being properly represented, but no.

Anyway, I really hope Hasbro can use MASK coming back to reissue the original toys. I really want both Matt Trakker's car and truck as brand shiny new reissue. Still at least with the exception of a few outliers vintage MASK toys are not horribly over priced on Ebay like Transformers.