Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
I hope its not from toy_story_world, oh boy did they screw me around, tracking not working after a week, making bs stuff up, REFUNDING me and telling me to pay them back later when it comes, and while I was talking to ebay on whether it was safe to leave neg feedback or not they cancelled the transaction on me, luckily ebay customer service left me a link to leave neg feedback in retaliation because they themselves couldn't track the item.

If you bought from them and your tracking isn't working email ebay asap and bookmark the leave feedback thing, gotta warn people!

Sad thing was all I kept repeatedly asking them was "what website do I enter this tracking number into it doesn't work on post.gov.tw or any other tracking websites", all I wanted to know what how can I track it :S
I see what you mean with Toy Story World now. Been waiting 3 weeks for Repugnus so decided to ask them if they new when it was going to arrive as the tracking doesn’t work. Got this response....

“We are sorry to hear you have an unpleasant experience with our service. We do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.
Would you please to close the case since we ship the second replacement already . the second replacement will take 15-18 working days to arrive.
Should the initial package arrive you are more than welcome to keep the extra.
Thanks for working out an amicable solution with me.”

I didn’t even open a case.