Scalping doesn't mean that the price has to be so high that most people wouldn't be willing to pay for it... it just means that people are forced to pay a higher price than it's RRP or the price of the items it was released with. Just look at the recent BigW cheap Titans Return toys - people were seen to be grabbing Voyagers up by the trolley load, preventing others from getting them for $15 - even if those people put them on ebay for $30, still below the normal retail of $50, I'd still call that scalping.

The point I was trying to make, is that regular retailers are not known for pricing items in the same assortment / case differently, just to make the most out of their customers, because one item is expected to be in higher demand. Items are generally priced according to the wholesale cost of the items, and the four minibots are sold to Retailers together, not separately, so would normally get priced as such. I just don't think I've ever seen a major/national retailer do this before. And since Walmart have prevented other retailers in America from selling them, if they charge above what a product should be charged at (according to the other items in the same assortment, or RRP), I think it fits the definition of scalping.