Page 44 of 189 FirstFirst ... 243439404142434445464748495464 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon AUSTRALIA Transformers items

Earthrise Grapple and Starscream are up, but they are overpriced so wait for prices to go down before ordering.

Grapple $108.44
    https://www.amazon.com.au/TRA-GEN-WF...%2C318&sr=1-41

Starscream $74.26
    https://www.amazon.com.au/Tra-Gen-Wf...%2C318&sr=1-42

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Earthrise Grapple and Starscream are up, but they are overpriced so wait for prices to go down before ordering.

Grapple $108.44
    https://www.amazon.com.au/TRA-GEN-WF...%2C318&sr=1-41

Starscream $74.26
    https://www.amazon.com.au/Tra-Gen-Wf...%2C318&sr=1-42

just to add to this: Amazon US had these at normal prices, and sold out already over last couple weeks. So any on there now (and thus the AU) are the *secondary inflated prices*. I note more in stock for later feb/march from several amazon merchants which would be at the normal RRP. If you want either of these better off ordering through the american site for now with better prices, but hopefully we will get some properly priced ones (eventually) listed on the AU.
    Bit annoyes as neither site had them up for pre-order like they did with the deluxe wave. So I missed them altogether despite checking listings every week for last two months.

If you are a boxed collector, still click over to the us site and read items condition as some of the current ones listed are damaged boxed (which you will NOT see listed in the AU store description)

I learned that the hard with the AU store they will list things as "new" and omit and details that the seller might have added on the US site - for example I got a big hardcover NEW comic trade this week from AU shipped from USA and it had significant damage to it (including the interals) before it even shipped.

or, you could just wait a month or two for the stock to arrive at retail shops here. I get that it's exciting new stuff but paying a premium to have it early feels silly to me. by then it might even be listing below retail on Amazon AU
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    or, you could just wait a month or two for the stock to arrive at retail shops here. I get that it's exciting new stuff but paying a premium to have it early feels silly to me. by then it might even be listing below retail on Amazon AU
    Pre-tty much.
    Look at Jetfire and Omega. $80 & $180 at one point, Reflector $20, even some of the micros are at $14 now. When they make a million of these things, sometimes it pays to wait

Higher than retail prices on amazon is very often when there is only one or two left. It's like people on ebay listing limited or new toys above retail.

Or if you live where I do, and they don't get Wave 1, or Wave 2, you can never get it.

Amazon consistently has the CHEAPEST price, oftten under Oz retail RRP, or at least the same. The reason I mention this is that (1) it's true (2) this is not the Show Z thread, or the Jim's Big Robots thread or whatever. I buy from here there and anywhere.

I also don't have money to on fuel driving a 50km return trip (and my time) to go to a store where they......might have something. But often don't. Even after other members have verified a stores has something, - it usually sells out long before I can get there.

I have no interest in "excitement" or "early" whatever that means - , most of my online orders arrive after things appear in random stores (nowhere near where I live).

Excuse my impatience, but did you read the TITLE of the thread?
    If you have retail store feedback, then perhaps that could go elsehwere?

My post was intended to remind people that there will be more stock coming, and the NORMAL RRP after the FIRST LOT sold out. It's also not "early" - it's in the normal release window that it is supposed to appear in. We get a warped view of things here in oz where it can take 3-8 months to get something in a store that was due much earlier (in OZ retail) if we even get them at all.

In the SIEGE line for example - majority of stores bypassed Wave 1 altogether, and pushed Wave 2 much later than it was intended to be released in, and we missed other figures from that line and the previous one as well. Some of which ONLY ever appeared in only stores and not at any retail.

I'd love to walk up to my local retail and buy things in my local stores - but they don't have them. And they don't get them.

Sorry for wasting anyone's time that read this.

From now on I will purely post a link and name of a thing for sale, on topic, in this thread and otherwise be a robot and not post my opinions about things, especially if this is the kind of reponse it receives. Or I can not post in this thread at all, if people prefer. I'm often up early for work, browse the internet and see something that others might not see till later in the day or after work, when it might have already sold out etc

Quote Originally Posted by Batfan007 View Post
    Sorry for wasting anyone's time that read this.
    Nah not a waste of time, I found your previous post informative as it told me something I didn't already know and I actually have a questions about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batfan007 View Post
    just to add to this: Amazon US had these at normal prices, and sold out already over last couple weeks. So any on there now (and thus the AU) are the *secondary inflated prices*. I note more in stock for later feb/march from several amazon merchants which would be at the normal RRP. If you want either of these better off ordering through the american site for now with better prices, but hopefully we will get some properly priced ones (eventually) listed on the AU.
    Bit annoyes as neither site had them up for pre-order like they did with the deluxe wave. So I missed them altogether despite checking listings every week for last two months.

If you are a boxed collector, still click over to the us site and read items condition as some of the current ones listed are damaged boxed (which you will NOT see listed in the AU store description)

I learned that the hard with the AU store they will list things as "new" and omit and details that the seller might have added on the US site - for example I got a big hardcover NEW comic trade this week from AU shipped from USA and it had significant damage to it (including the interals) before it even shipped.
    So, basically if it says "Ships from and sold by Amazon AU" the seller is Amazon themselves but if it says "Ships from and sold by Amazon US" the seller could be anyone selling on Amazon US, is that right?
    In that case how do we figure out exactly which seller the item might come from when we buy the item on the AU site but there are multiple sellers listed on the US site?
    Will it always be the cheapest one listed on the US site, or the cheapest one that says "FULFILLMENT BY AMAZON", or something else?
    And since the AU site fails to mention details such as item condition when it's been provided, does that mean some of the USED items from the US site might get sold as NEW on the AU site?

I know a lot of the Earthrise stock should be supplied by Amazon AU in a couple of months, I'm asking as there are a few older items that I'm interested in getting but are only available as imports from Amazon US.
    Last edited by DarkHyren; 13th February 2020 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    So, basically if it says "Ships from and sold by Amazon AU" the seller is Amazon themselves but if it says "Ships from and sold by Amazon US" the seller could be anyone selling on Amazon US, is that right?
    Yes. The US import stock will only ever say that it is coming from Amazon US as international stock, but won't tell you if it is their stock or a 3rd party selling on their site.

In that case how do we figure out exactly which seller the item might come from when we buy the item on the AU site but there are multiple sellers listed on the US site?
    What I do is remove the ".au" in the address bar, and remove everything after the product code - eg: /dp/B07JLY4YH4/
    That should give you the US listing, and if it has the box on the right side that asks if you want to buy it through Amazon Australia, open that in a new tab/window and see if it is exactly where you started from.
    Using that example above for Siege Jetfire, the US listing is from 3rd party sellers, and the Australian page gives you the option of buying from Australian stock at about $148, or American stock (from the 3rd party sellers) for about $146 (and if you are a Prime member and get free shipping on both options, you then decide which one you want to buy if one is significantly less than the other). These two are only $2 apart, so there isn't a big enough saving to get the American stock, because it will take longer, is more likely to get damaged on the way, and will have an Amazon barcode sticker on it somewhere (they put barcode stickers on 3rd party stock for their warehouse computers to use).

Will it always be the cheapest one listed on the US site, or the cheapest one that says "FULFILLMENT BY AMAZON", or something else?
    Unknown. If there are more than one seller on the American page, it could well be from any of them.
    And the Australian listing prices are annoyingly random, with similar US$ prices ending up being completely different prices when listed on the Amazon Australia site. But the prices of the Australian listings of American stock can often change, but by looking at both AU and US listings at the same time, you can work out which one will be cheaper for you if the Australian price is over-inflated.
    Just note, that if you are buying from the American listing, there is no free shipping unless you are also a paid member of Amazon America Prime. AND, the American Amazon site charges GST later when you checkout, so it isn't included in the listed price.
    Like that Jetfire toy - if you bought it from the Amazon America listing for their US$88 price tag, you have to then add GST, and shipping AND convert to AU$.... coming to about AU$185.
    But that exact same American Jetfire bought through the Australian listing for AU$146, already includes GST and has free shipping if you are an Australian Prime member.
    (or the Australian stock for $148, which also already has included GST and free shipping)

When I shop on Amazon, I go to the American site first, and any items that I want, I look on the right to see if they offer it through the Australian site and open up those pages in new tabs to calculate which is the cheaper option... and if either option is under what I am willing to pay.

And since the AU site fails to mention details such as item condition when it's been provided, does that mean some of the USED items from the US site might get sold as NEW on the AU site?
    I don't think they sell "used" items as American import stock, because I think they'd need to state it's condition if it isn't new. At least, if the 3rd party seller has the stock listed as new, it should be new if they want to remain in business on Amazon. I haven't had anything arrive that was opened, but the Amazon barcode stickers they put on their 3rd party stock are really annoying, particularly on the more collectable items.

Both Starscream and Grapple are down to ~$60, almost...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Unknown. If there are more than one seller on the American page, it could well be from any of them.
    Hmm, that's a bugger. One of the items I'm looking at for example is the cheap PotP Inferno mentioned earlier https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B075F5RF67/ that's import only.
    There are a lot of different sellers, ranging from CJR Toys (this one appears as the seller on the US site when I remove the .au from the address) to Amazon, from new to damaged to used.
    The price of the new ones from CJR and Amazon is almost the same as the price of the used ones from Amazon Warehouse so I'm just trying to get a firm grasp of the situation.
    Ordering directly from the US site basically doubles the price because of shipping and GST as you said so yeah I'd be wanting to get it through the AU site (along with some other things for that free shipping).

I don't think they sell "used" items as American import stock, because I think they'd need to state it's condition if it isn't new. At least, if the 3rd party seller has the stock listed as new, it should be new if they want to remain in business on Amazon. I haven't had anything arrive that was opened, but the Amazon barcode stickers they put on their 3rd party stock are really annoying, particularly on the more collectable items.
    Well that's something at least and should rule out them sending any of the used Amazon warehouse stock at least, or so one hopes.
    I don't even have a problem with used items, so long as they are in good condition, but I do like to know what I'm getting.