Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New War for Cybertron cartoon for Netflix in 2020

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New War for Cybertron cartoon for Netflix in 2020

Very interesting news today from IGN

Netflix has ordered a new Transformers anime prequel series, Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy, and it will premiere in 2020.

Netflix and Hasbro have partnered with Rooster Teeth to bring War For Cybertron to life and Polygon Pictures will act as the animation studio.

This new show promises "a new animation look and style that presents the Transformers like you've never seen them before."
    More details (but no pics or anything yet) at the IGN link above.

Probably better than going to Machinima again for their current Generations toyline... but similar to Machinima, this Generations cartoon will start over a year after the toys have been released, so if it features any toys from the 2019 Siege line (all those main cast characters that are out now globally, that won't still be in stores by the middle of this year), it's wasted advertising. (the announcement is more for the Retailers info than us fans, as this will allow Hasbro to convince Retailers to take on WFC toyline because there will be "advertising" through a cartoon... eventually)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Probably better than going to Machinima again for their current Generations toyline...
    Machinima has been 100% shut down, so Hasbro can't go to them.

It's been shut down in such a weird way though that people are expecting the owner of the brand to have the Machinima name put on something new.

I'm going to be optimistic. I'm a big fan of some of Rooster Teeth's work and if they bring that to Transformers I think it will be amazing.

bowspearer Guest

Gotta be honest, if the animation style is similar to what was done with Gen-Lock, I'm not going to be a fan of it.

Shared writers with the last trilogy is a bit of a concern, but maybe they wrote the good bits. I think the directing did a lot to let that show down.

TF Prime is one of my favourite shows, so seeing that studio involved, and Rooster teeth gives me a lot to be optimistic about.

Hopefully it becomes available on Blu-Ray fairly quickly. We might have Netflix by then, but only if our NBN connection is on time and is faster than our existing edge of the serviceable area ADSL
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Yay, just tried to watch Cybertron/Galaxy Force with the kids.....
    What was I thinking......

The writer for the new WFC cartoon on Netflix (Brandon Easton) was at TFCon on the weekend, and revealed some details for the new cartoon...

• Season 1 will consist of 6 episodes.
    • Each episode will have a running time of 22 minutes.
    • Brandon Easton has written over half the season.
    • The series will be directed at older fans of the franchise, and will be very dark in tone.
    • The story will feature lasting effects on canon.
    • Animation is taking inspiration from the hit Netflix show Knights Of Sidonia (also from the same animation studio; Polygon Pictures).
    • The show will keep characters true to themselves and G1 fans will not be disappointed.
    • Mr. Easton believes that War For Cybertron will become the next definitive iteration for the franchise.

That all sounds very promising- looking forward to it

So it's basically a G1 sausage fest? I'm out.