Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: TFs-Ghostbusters crossover toy Ectotron

May not be a popular thought but I hope it has combiner ports and is part of a new combiner with a delorean, kitt, a-team van and Mavericks f-14! I want some '80s combiner nostalgia goodness

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

This thing is awesome! They got it all so right! I only collect Masterpiece TF but I want this!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    May not be a popular thought but I hope it has combiner ports and is part of a new combiner with a delorean, kitt, a-team van and Mavericks f-14! I want some '80s combiner nostalgia goodness
    Not that unpopular...

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Ecto-1 will have Kit, the Delorian, the Batmobile and the A-Team van for limbs. Herbie will become the chest

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So after all the back and forth discussion you guys had...

... I think his name is actually Ectotron.

Maybe Hasbro forgot how G1 packaging worked?

Names on his chest, just like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    So after all the back and forth discussion you guys had...

... I think his name is actually Ectotron.

Maybe Hasbro forgot how G1 packaging worked?

Names on his chest, just like the others.
    That's the thing that confused me. I looked at the packaging of this toy and then looked at G1 packaging. On the front where their primary function was usually written was 'Electron' and where their name was usually written was 'Ecto-1'. Yet on the tech-spec on the back where the name was usually written was 'Electron'.

So he must transform from 'Ecto-1 the vehicle' to 'Electron the robot'

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Look at the chest panel, the leg joints and if you use a tiny bit of imagination with the front halves of the car being on newly added joints, the shoulders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    I’m not seeing it also.
    I've had another look, the legs do look like the hot spot mould. And the placement of the wheels on the arms.

closer inspection looks like half the car folds up on his back or just is his back. this is starting to feel a bit like a simple re-shell. I'm less excited.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The simpleish transformation and shared engineering may have had something to do with the amount of cash Hasbro threw at licensing.

Not sure if ut's re-tool but it it does look like the sort of toy that will look amazing in packaging, but be less impressive when opened.

I kinda want it, but not sure, at least the execution is better than those old Star Wars TF's.

For me, this is a toy and concept that I would love for maybe a few months or maybe a year, but after that the novelty would wear off and the toy would be doomed to just be relegated as little more than a dust gathering display piece on my shelf rather than a toy that I would continue to enjoy. I have a personal purchasing philosophy of trying to focus on buying toys that I will still love tomorrow, not just toys that I love today. I can totally understand the appeal of this, but for me it's just a novelty - a novelty that I will likely grow tired of. It's a crossover that I personally never wished for before and never asked for.

But hey, for those of you who've been pining for a Transformers/Ghostbusters crossover for decades this is your dream come true. Enjoy!

And after being convinced by the fine people here that his name should be Ecto-1... people work out that it could actually be Ectotron. sigh...

I really like the way the car mode looks like a model, with no obvious seams or gaps. The fact that it transforms and didn't end up ruining the alt mode, is really impressive.
    It's the sort of toy I'd be keen to have two... if I had the spare money to buy duplicates.