Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232838 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan-backed Hasbro project: Unicron

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    What’s with the post on Facebook Griffin? Have Hasbro AU gotten back to you or are you just pulling ideas out of your bum?
    I am still waiting for a response from Hasbro Australia, so want to see what sort of interest is actually in this country for this item, tagging in Zing/EB in case they weren't aware of this item, and maybe ask Hasbro about it. At least if they query the item, they will get a more prompt reply about it.

I think it would depend on price for a lot of people. Zing aren’t known for their competitive pricing so there’s a lot of caution around committing.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I think it would depend on price for a lot of people. Zing aren’t known for their competitive pricing so there’s a lot of caution around committing.
    Don't forget Hasbro's slice of the pie too. $900 in store is a pipe dream.

I honestly think $1100 would be the upper end of acceptable. I wouldn’t be happy, but I’d most likely pay it. But being honest I doubt Zing could even do it for that.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Don't forget Hasbro's slice of the pie too. $900 in store is a pipe dream.
    ToysRUs were bad for having prices that were about double the price in Asia and Japan, making it significantly cheaper to import than buying from there... but Zing/EB have been really good for their Transformers exclusives (even their prices for their short-lived stocking of Titans Return toys were equal or less than regular retail).
    Zing/EB may be expensive for most of their licensed merchandise, but their recent Transformers items that they've been offering (from Hasbro Asia through Hasbro Australia) have been close to the retail prices in Japan and Asia, and therefore cheaper for most of us because of the pick-up in store option (no international shipping).

Their last five items that are coming from Asia...
    MP-19+ Smokescreen - about AU$135 in Japan - AU$130 at Zing/EB
    Optimus/Convoy set - about AU$160 in Japan - AU$160 at Zing/EB
    MP-13 Soundwave reissue - about AU$220 in Japan - AU$220 at Zing/EB
    MPM-8 Megatron - about AU$235 in Japan (it could be slightly different) - about AU$260 in Asia - AU$200 at Zing/EB
    Ectotron - about AU$65 in America - about AU$90 in Asia - AU$80 at Zing/EB

TRU (and Myer) was never that good, compared to the retail prices in Asia and Japan.

If the online stores in HK and Singapore have so far been able to offer Unicron for a price that is similar to the US price, it means that Hasbro Asia are selling it to them cheap enough for them to sell at the Hasbro Pulse price and still make a minimum amount of money to cover their costs and profit. Obviously that cheaper price from Hasbro Asia to Asian online stores, than the Hasbro America price to their customers, must be due to the absence of shipping across the pacific, and that postage within America is a lot more expensive.
    So I honestly don't see why we can't have Unicron offered here at Zing/EB for a similar price as Asian online stores, just as most of their other Asian Transformers exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I am still waiting for a response from Hasbro Australia, so want to see what sort of interest is actually in this country for this item, tagging in Zing/EB in case they weren't aware of this item, and maybe ask Hasbro about it. At least if they query the item, they will get a more prompt reply about it.
    The customer service contact said that they'd pass it onto their buyers to look into it. Hopefully the two pronged approach gets a speedier result as we need a definite yes or no without it being a last minute thing.
    With at least 30 people on our facebook page saying that they'd buy one, that's a guaranteed 30 grand of sales for just one item over just a week or two.

They'd better get their act together because I won't be leaving it to the last minute to order this, regardless of where I get it from.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Yep my finger is on the trigger to order from Ohmyprimus now that it's confirmed they only require prepayment of a deposit plus the shipping upfront. Works out to A$278 upfront which is reasonable.

It's mindblowingly gorgeous! I love that it's designed so you can leave it on the stand to transform.
    I love that there are several elements of the transformation that mimic the film, on top of everything else we've seen.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)