Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182333 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan-backed Hasbro project: Unicron

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    So I've checked MyUS, I agree their rates are very competitive, is there a reason you didn't choose the budget economy option?it's another $US 16 cheaper and only a potentially 2 days slower.

they all seem to have similar details, it's not like you're going to consolidate something with Unicron

Do you know what the 'Postal Clearance not Included' means? it seems to be the same for all their shipping items, does that mean we have to broker it ourselves when it comes into the country?
    I select FedEx (either Economy or Express) because they've been super reliable for dozens of shipments from MyUS. I've gotten to a first name basis with our FedEx delivery guy and he always calls me to check if we want the package left when we are not home. He's even popped back at the end of the day to drop them off on occasion. The budget economy option is slower and doesn't state who they use to ship. I prefer certainty, particularly on such a high value item.

Got no idea what that term refers to but we've never had any issues with receiving packages so I wouldn't worry about it. Might be something to do with customs but they collect GST so it won't get held up. Also their postcode has 0 US sales tax applied so you won't get charged that on top of GST.

The MyUS membership has a US$60 annual fee but it is waived for two years if you use either the Amex offer or Visa offer. Just google MyUS Amex offer or Visa offer and you will find the links.

Another way of doing it is to preorder with TFSOURCE, you’re paying a $200 premium for it, but it does give you nearly 2 years to come up with the money. Plus it is free domestic shipping to your remailer, with no deposit required to secure the toy.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Very convenient of BBTS to take preorders.

Do you know what the 'Postal Clearance not Included' means? it seems to be the same for all their shipping items, does that mean we have to broker it ourselves when it comes into the country?
    Maybe it’s this? From shopmates terms : “Items valued over $2,500 USD will be subject to an additional customs clearance procedure in the USA” you need a Shipper’s Export Declaration Form (SED) to complete.

Or, you’re right and it does mean import duties in Aus. I know from experience DHL will actually handle all the paperwork and just invoice you the cost.

Might be best to email their customer service for a clear answer.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Very convenient of BBTS to take preorders.

Maybe it’s this? From shopmates terms : “Items valued over $2,500 USD will be subject to an additional customs clearance procedure in the USA” you need a Shipper’s Export Declaration Form (SED) to complete.

Or, you’re right and it does mean import duties in Aus. I know from experience DHL will actually handle all the paperwork and just invoice you the cost.

Might be best to email their customer service for a clear answer.
    This will have a value less than $1,000 and GST is collected by the forwarder (MyUS) so I don't see any issues in either scenario. Again I've never had any customs clearance issues on my shipments.

Well, if another opportunity doesn't present itself before this dealio finishes I think I'll be going the MyUS method, it's definitely a reasonable option and saves me hassling my US mate with a monstrosity at no savings to me.

I was thinking I could give him the cash to have it as extra checked baggage on a return flight from the States to AU, which he does most Christmases but it's still US$175 for the privilege assuming he flies Qantas.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

but it's still US$175 for the privilege assuming he flies Qantas.
    I had a brief look at Qantas' site regarding this very thing, but couldn't determine how it would be classified/priced.
    What did you use as the determining marker?
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

If this Unicron had come out around the time of the first two Bayverse movies (when love for Transformers was at such a high and Bay was yet to truly damage the brand) would it have been easy to reach the 8000 mark?

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    If this Unicron had come out around the time of the first two Bayverse movies (when love for Transformers was at such a high and Bay was yet to truly damage the brand) would it have been easy to reach the 8000 mark?
    I doubt it. The new surge of fans for the Bayverse Movies wouldn't have known much or anything about Unicron, as he isn't one of the repeated, standard elements like Optimus and Megatron. Unicron was only introduced in the Bayverse movies in the 5th one in 2017, so if the 6th movie had continued on and featured Unicron, then it would have had more interest from all of those (new) Movie fans who would have bought anything from the Movies (like those various $500-$1000 movie statues).

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    I can?t see 600 backers a week continuing for the duration of the window. It?s now at 1820....that?s only 3 more backers since I wrote my post earlier today. Most people that want it and can afford it have already backed it. I can only see it trickling over 2000 over the next week or two, and maybe eventually settling between 3000-4000, but I feel I?m being a bit optimistic there. I?d love to be wrong but I don?t see this gaining any momentum at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Well to be fair most of America was asleep since your last count! If it breaks through 1,900 by tomorrow I'd say it's keeping pace. We also have to remember that many people don't want to plonk down that cash only to have it returned 6 weeks later so they are just sitting on their hands until the end when there will be a rush. Whether that's enough to get Hasbro to commit, we'll just have to see.
    Total backers got to 1,889 today, just a little shy of my 1,900 target. So I'd say it's ticking over just fine.

Figure King scans just out in Japan, massive spread for Unicron. Pictures look glorious, if only I could read Japanese! I reckon Japan is good for at least 1,500-2,000 backers given the popularity of high-end collectibles in Japan and the relative population of Japan to the US.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...-more.1178410/

In terms of options of where to order, here's how I see it currently.

Option A

Buy direct from Hasbro at cost of US$575 (A$825)
    Resend from MyUS forwarder at estimated cost of ~ A$145 (factoring in Amex discount, assuming ~30lbs total shipping weight)
    Add 10% GST at cost of A$97
    Total Estimate = A$1,063

Option B

Have it shipped to family/friend in the US. Have to pay sales tax depending on their state and then work out how to get it to Australia
    Total Estimate = ?

Option C

Pre-order from TFSource or BBTS at cost of US$775 (A$1,112)
    Resend from MyUS forwarder at estimated cost of ~ A$145 (factoring in Amex discount, assuming ~30lbs total shipping weight)
    Add 10% GST at cost of A$126
    Total Estimate = A$1,383

Other Options

• Order through Takara Tomy Mall once it gets listed this weekend but likely to be priced higher than US and still expensive to ship (given most forwarders will use volumetric weight to determine shipping cost)
    • Wait to see if Hasbro Australia is going to get stock. But if this is not announced before 31 August and then doesn't happen you risk having to pay large mark-ups on ebay etc on release

I'm waiting till near the close date to see if the local option presents itself but otherwise will be going with Option A.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Total backers got to 1,889 today, just a little shy of my 1,900 target. So I'd say it's ticking over just fine.

Figure King scans just out in Japan, massive spread for Unicron. Pictures look glorious, if only I could read Japanese! I reckon Japan is good for at least 1,500-2,000 backers given the popularity of high-end collectibles in Japan and the relative population of Japan to the US.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...-more.1178410/

In terms of options of where to order, here's how I see it currently.

Option A

Add 10% GST at cost of A$97
    Total Estimate = A$1,063

Option B

Have it shipped to family/friend in the US. Have to pay sales tax depending on their state and then work out how to get it to Australia
    Total Estimate = ?

Option C

Pre-order from TFSource or BBTS at cost of US$775 (A$1,112)
    Add 10% GST at cost of A$126
    Total Estimate = A$1,383

Other Options

• Order through Takara Tomy Mall once it gets listed this weekend but likely to be priced higher than US and still expensive to ship (given most forwarders will use volumetric weight to determine shipping cost)
    • Wait to see if Hasbro Australia is going to get stock. But if this is not announced before 31 August and then doesn't happen you risk having to pay large mark-ups on ebay etc on release

I'm waiting till near the close date to see if the local option presents itself but otherwise will be going with Option A.
    Since my original post it?s gone from 1817 to 1919. An additional 100 backers in 2 whole days doesn?t instil a lot of confidence. Although TT Mall has gone up which should help the numbers.

I?m also waiting to see if another option opens up. Honestly hoping for international orders to open up.