Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Here's a couple of interesting (hidden) tidbits I came across from reading as much as I could from SDCC on the various fansites...

- The Reissue Japanese Dino cassettes were apparently NOT using the original moulds. I can't find the original source of this info, but it is claimed that the archived wooden prototypes were used to create a new batch of moulds for these reissues... so expect to see them milked a fair bit to make their money back off them.
(it also suggests that Hasbro can re-cast moulds/toolings of older toys if they want to... if it is deemed profitable enough - I wonder if we will see them or TakaraTomy digging out more of the original wooden moulds of the early years to reissue some more rarities)
I wonder why they used the original wooden prototypes, and get a set of the actual toys to use for the moulds/toolings.
this is exciting news, I'd love the first two tapes they released last year, without the burden of an unwanted bumblebee toy.
And I'd love to see some Re-issue love for moulds that have never been done, Mirage, Swoop, Wheeljack... the list goes on.