Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Haslab Victory Saber

If I wanted to contact someone about rectifying the issue am I looking at emailing Hasbro or do I go through EB since they're the seller here or am I just kinda out of luck?

If it was just some splotchy paint or whatever I'd be unhappy but leave it be but since it affects the actual functionality of the toy like that it's kind of a different matter

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Well, fortunately that looks like something that can be easily rectified with a dremel or similar tool.
    I don't have a dremel and can't say as I feel confident taking to a toy like this with a drill. Moreover, I shouldn't really have to

Quote Originally Posted by SarhBear View Post
    Yeah, that's why I went and checked mine. I'd just been fiddling around with the robots and hadn't actually gone to transform them yet and then seeing that stuff it was like "well I should go and check that, actually."

It means you can't actually clip the nose cone in so you have to just kind of let it hang there with a big gap in the front of the jet where it isn't actually connected. I assume the rest of the functionality is probably unaffected by the issue

Calling it an Action Master was a bit overly dramatic but it's still a right pain for something that I can't just easily go exchange to arrive in this state

The one of mine I opened had the same issue. I was able to drill it out with a 2mm drill bit and clean it up with a hobby knife and now it looks and works just like normal.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

If I wanted to contact someone about rectifying the issue am I looking at emailing Hasbro or do I go through EB since they're the seller here or am I just kinda out of luck?

Hit up EB Games. I had an issue with my Robosen Optimus Prime, and they were able to order a replacement in from their distribution centre. Better than sending it overseas to Robosen.

Speaking of EB Games, I'm still waiting for the call/text to pick mine up.
    Last edited by zaneiken; 14th December 2022 at 04:09 PM.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by zaneiken View Post
    Speaking of EB Games, I'm still waiting for the call/text to pick mine up.
    I wouldn't wait; I'd be calling your store to check.

If it was just some splotchy paint or whatever I'd be unhappy but leave it be but since it affects the actual functionality of the toy like that it's kind of a different matter
    As noted by someone else already, contact the retailer. If they won't help, then contact Hasbro Australia and tell them that EBGames won't rectify your problem, as it is required by law in Australia if a product bought in Australia is defective, that retailer must provide a replacement, a refund or repair.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Two minti-sealed shippers arrived from Robot Kingdom.

Haven't opened yet so no idea if the product is good, however there won't be any issues of box cut marks or lost pieces here I imagine. Still.... Pretty pricy shipping for the privilege

My Saber's left arm keeps popping off at the shoulder ball-joint. Fire's ladder barely stays attached.
    I also have two left tail-fins on Star Saber. Will be going to see EB Games tomorrow to see if they can get a replacement in.

Remember that scam a few months back that tried to convince people who pre-ordered Victory Saber in Taiwan that their toys were destroyed in transit and to get them to voluntarily cancel their order if they wanted to get a bonus item with their refund?
    Well, apparently people in Europe are actually being contacted by Zavvi (yes, that same company that sells to Australians, but is not actually located in Australia), to tell them that they are short on stock, and have been refunding some people.
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/12/23/...ber-set-472828

I don't know the numbers or percentages, but it has affected people in several countries in Europe, because Zavvi (located in the UK) was the only authorised outlet to take pre-orders for Hasbro in all of Europe.
    As such, there also seems to be no local backup option for those European fans without now having to purchase one online at twice the price.
    And since no other outlet taking pre-orders in any other country has been noted to have had supply problems, it seems that this is just something going wrong at Zavvi - either they gave the wrong total to Hasbro, or they kept taking pre-orders after the cut-off date without realising that they couldn't order more.

It is also puzzling to hear that there was obviously something wrong with the numbers not matching what was pre-ordered, and yet no one noticed it during the last year... when it would have been cheaper for fans to secure one from elsewhere before the prices when up after its release.

I guess we just have to be glad that EB and Hasbro Australia did a good job with Unicron and Victory Saber in making sure that we got the right number ordered for Australian fans, and had the right number delivered to Australia.

I got a call a couple of weeks back from EB telling me I'd need to come in and pay off the remaining balance for my Victory Saber before they'd send it from the warehouse to the store for pickup.
    I went in a few days later and paid it off.
    after a few weeks, I hadn't heard back from them. but figured delivery may have been slow due to the Christmas period so a bit of a wait wasn't a big surprise.
    I stopped by the store the other day and figured I'd ask if it had come in just in case they had forgotten to contact me. And was told it had somehow been pushed back till MID FEBRUARY because their shipment was delayed?

so I had to come in and pay for it because it was in their warehouse waiting to be sent to me.
    but now it hasn't even arrived from hasbro TO their warehouse yet?
    I hope there is an actual delayed shipment of Victory Sabers and mine hasn't just somehow been lost...

That doesn't sound right, because everyone who I've seen order from EB had definitely gotten theirs in hand