Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RIP 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Yeah, that was a sad one.
    Can’t say I ever saw any of his shows. Though he died of Pancreatic cancer which my dad died of so know what that’s like. Barry Humphries was the sad one for me. RIP Dame Edna.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Can’t say I ever saw any of his shows. Though he died of Pancreatic cancer which my dad died of so know what that’s like. Barry Humphries was the sad one for me. RIP Dame Edna.
    Sorry to hear that about your dad. My condolences.

I grew up watching Jerry Springer so I'm sad for both him and Barry.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

That death of Jerry Springer was a surprise to me too, as his "Judge Jerry" show had only just started playing on the new 7bravo tv channel, and I don't think it was too old, and he didn't look too bad, so if it was a type of cancer, it must have been quick.

Also, the sudden death of that Masterchef judge on Monday was so unexpected that Channel 10 were still playing commercials of the show (for its launch that night) during every ad-break, at the time Channel 7 was announcing the news of his death during their morning news program (before channel 10 had decided to suspend airing of the new show by a week).

It was really bad timing too, less than 9 hours before the first episode was to screen, and people were suggesting that the airing of the entire season be cancelled because it was too soon. Considering the amount of money Channel 10 pours into it, I couldn't see that happening.

The news reports said that it wasn't a suspicious death (as in, it wasn't a murder), and there was no mention of it being of natural causes... so there is the implication that it was self-inflicted. Later news reports had noted a past history of drug usage, and some mental issues (probably damage caused by the really hard drugs he had admitted to using when younger), so maybe all of the constant attention and the exhausting media blitzing of promoting the new season, while he was away from his family, was just too much... giving just the "right" combination of factors coming together at the one time, to lead to the wrong decision.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Also, the sudden death of that Masterchef judge on Monday was so unexpected that Channel 10 were still playing commercials of the show (for its launch that night) during every ad-break, at the time Channel 7 was announcing the news of his death during their morning news program (before channel 10 had decided to suspend airing of the new show by a week).

It was really bad timing too, less than 9 hours before the first episode was to screen, and people were suggesting that the airing of the entire season be cancelled because it was too soon. Considering the amount of money Channel 10 pours into it, I couldn't see that happening.

The news reports said that it wasn't a suspicious death (as in, it wasn't a murder), and there was no mention of it being of natural causes... so there is the implication that it was self-inflicted. Later news reports had noted a past history of drug usage, and some mental issues (probably damage caused by the really hard drugs he had admitted to using when younger), so maybe all of the constant attention and the exhausting media blitzing of promoting the new season, while he was away from his family, was just too much... giving just the "right" combination of factors coming together at the one time, to lead to the wrong decision.
    Usually if it's suicide, the news stories will have a blurb about Beyond Blue, etc. None of the stories carried that. So I suspect it was a heart attack or something similar.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Worth noting that he was also secretly fighting bowel cancer, although this was not listed as the cause of death.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/entertai...PX8ZPNgtftugg8
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

A couple of people who used to be big entertainers are now gone... Tina Turner and Rolf Harris. Both were about 90.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

We also lost Ray Stevenson early in the week. He played Titus Pullo in Rome, The Punisher in Punisher War Zone, Volstsagg in the Thor films, and was in Dexter and Star Wars, along many other roles. He was a fantastic actor. May he rest in peace, and may his family and friends find the love and support they need during this difficult time.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

Also lost Andy Rourke from The Smiths as well. His bass playing was very essential to some of my favourite songs by them.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

https://youtu.be/iuowcRmc6oo

In honour of the passing of the great Tony Bennett. One of my favourite SNL sketches.

Singer Sinead O'Connor died yesterday... said to be by suicide, 18 months after losing one of her children to suicide, which she took very hard.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin%C3%A9ad_O'Connor