Page 36 of 92 FirstFirst ... 162631323334353637383940414656 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreign first-release TOY sightings

I didn't realise that set was news worthy.

The new Rescue Bots elite (transforming) Heatwave has been found in a US retail store for US$20.

An online store in New Zealand has listed RID (2015) and Combiner Wars figures. Each listing is out of stock, so they are place holder items. The store is an independent (similar to Toyworld) but with only one physical location in Auckland.

Based on these prices, I am hoping that the bigger retails in New Zealand (The Warehouse and Farmers) have lower prices

RID Legions - $13 ($10-13)
    RID One Step - $30 ($22-30)
    RID Warrior (Deluxe) - $45 ($35-40)
    RID Three Step - $60

CW Legions - $27
    CW Deluxe - $45 ($35-40
    CW Voyager - $70 ($55-60)

(Reference prices for AOE items, are in brackets)

With the exchange rate dropping like a stone, local New Zealand purchases were looking promising. But not at this rate.

Wave two of RID really is hot on the heals of wave one it seems... after the second wave of Tiny Titans were found in America the other day, the second wave of Warriors (Optimus & Drift) have been found in an American retail store as well.

And now, the second wave of RID Legion figures have shown up at US Retail - Grimlock and Sideswipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    An online store in New Zealand has listed RID (2015) and Combiner Wars figures. Each listing is out of stock, so they are place holder items. The store is an independent (similar to Toyworld) but with only one physical location in Auckland.

Based on these prices, I am hoping that the bigger retails in New Zealand (The Warehouse and Farmers) have lower prices

RID Legions - $13 ($10-13)
    RID One Step - $30 ($22-30)
    RID Warrior (Deluxe) - $45 ($35-40)
    RID Three Step - $60

CW Legions - $27
    CW Deluxe - $45 ($35-40
    CW Voyager - $70 ($55-60)

(Reference prices for AOE items, are in brackets)

With the exchange rate dropping like a stone, local New Zealand purchases were looking promising. But not at this rate.
    Confirmed prices, local Toyworld gets their stock on Tuesday and will have them listed for this.

*sigh*
    Transformers is dead in New Zealand at these prices.

Confirmed prices, local Toyworld gets their stock on Tuesday and will have them listed for this.

*sigh*
    those Deluxe prices are shocking.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

*sigh*
    Paying Voyager price for a Deluxe? If I learnt anything if you can get it cheaper online, you are getting ripped off (unless it's a hard to find like the Masterpieces which have their reasons for why Ultra Magnus is $300)
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

I've let Toyworld know, that it would cost me $440NZ to purchase everything from them vs $297NZ from BBTS (with EMS). Sadly I think I saw one of the cost prices and I can understand why they have to charge what they charge.

Either they are not getting a discount or Hasbro NZ is getting a bad cost price from Hasbro AU

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Paying Voyager price for a Deluxe? If I learnt anything if you can get it cheaper online, you are getting ripped off (unless it's a hard to find like the Masterpieces which have their reasons for why Ultra Magnus is $300)
    I don't know if that's generally a good rule-of-thumb considering all of the additional costs of running a brick and mortar establishment over an online store.

This is why people are fearing for the future of physical storefronts with the increasing ease of online shopping. Physical storefronts just can't compete price-wise.