Page 106 of 113 FirstFirst ... 8696101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1124

Thread: MOTU/POP Acquisitions

My Subscription Netossa arrived today, in a pretty beat up box that looked like it had taken some water damage. the figure inside is fine tho and i'm surprised that she got here in a month. The figure itself is very pretty (because she actually looks African as opposed to a She-Ra doll painted brown) but somehow really suffers from not having her vintage sword. but that's coming in the next weaposn pack I believe. so yay for the first month of subbing going well for me. I hope Jitsu and Ram-Man don't have any troubles getting here.

Oh I keep forgetting to post these here

Frosta, Mosquitor and Faceless one from last BBTS delivery

and from the recently ended Parramatta fair (there's a lot of Netossa there btw, but Ive already got mine in POL with BBTS)

Grizzlor

So pleased with the PoP figures so far.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

yeah me too, I thought I was quite satisfied with the station in the 200x series but when I saw a review on you tube, I thought, hmm I missed on that one, so when I saw one at Parra Fair I just gotta have it. and yeah that packaging with the hair and all makes him look dopey funny. I was thinking Tasmanian devil when they said - ferocious figure with fur...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Because Tets asked so nicely (And GODS, what I won't do for attention!)

Netossa here is the first figure in the 2013 Club Eternia subscription. As far as first up figures go...she's....Adequate? Much as last year started with the middling Princess of Power three pack of the Star Sisters January brings us another lovely Rebel to grace our shelves. But how does she stack up against past MOTUC Maidens? let's find out!

Sculpt- I would have to say that Netossa is one of the prettiest (if not the prettiest) girls the line has to offer. The Four Horseman have taken their cues from the Filmation cartoon where Netossa was portrayed as an African warrior maiden, and works much better than the design choices used for Frosta to make her stand out. The vintage Netossa doll used a repainted Peekablue body with white and blue highlights. that is replicated here in detail on Netossa's gauntlets and boots which will no doubt see reuse when it's time make Peekablue herself. Netossa's skirt is solid affair that does restrict movement, no high kicks or deep lunges happening here i'm afraid, but like most of the female MOTUC characters all you really want her to do is stand there and look pretty so it's not so bad.

Articulation- Netossa's poseability is pretty much the MOTUC standard using the Female 2.0 buck with the waist swivel AND adds the original lady thighs with the built in thigh swivel. her head is on a ball joint but the hair being quite solid means that's mostly useless aside from a tilt to the left or right. Her arms feature a ball jointed shoulder, upper arm swivel, elbow joint and wrist swivels. Legs feature a ball jointed hip, thigh swivel, knee joint, ankle joint and slight ankle rocker. Netossa's legs are an all new sculpt below the knee and removes the calf swivel that Teela and other have, but that seems to be the norm for the Princess of Power characters going forward.
    Netossa won't outod Spider-Man in terms of poseability but she has enough to take on the Horde for a decent display on your shelf.

Accessories- Here is where Netossa falls short. Her accessories are Her shield, (The same Princess of Power shield we've seen three times already, Except in two tone silver, a bone of contention with me for sure)and her Cape.
    That's right. Her cape. now the vintage had a feature where the cape could be removed and used as a net, and yes, Netossa's cape is removeable but it is nowhere near as functional as the original. It's made of a solid rubber that feels much sturdier than Leech's net but that sturdiness means it just hangs there doing nothing. Nothing terribly exciting. I feel I'd be more satisfied with Netossa if she had come with her vintage sword, itself a repaint of Bubble Power She-Ra's. YES. that sword is coming with the next weapons pack but still....MOTUC figures are now nearly 40 dollars with shipping from Mattycollector and feels like this go around I haven't gotten my money's worth at all.

Overall- I love She-Ra. As a wee Tallest I found something more thrilling to her adventures than the pat status quo of He-Man. There are many reasons why you should own Netossa- She adds to the rebellion, She's a Stunning figure, She's only female of colour in the entire line, She has a potentially saucy history with fellow rebel Spinnerella and once she gets her sword she'll be perfect.

Five stars out of five? Not quite but close. Four and Half.

Forgot to post these, but got her a few weeks ago , really like her....

Netossa in action pose display in my POP shelf

A few more stuff from BBTS

Snakeface, Griffin, She ra, Spikor, Octavia

Argh! - Very jealous of that Snakeface Liege , I totally missed the boat on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Argh! - Very jealous of that Snakeface Liege , I totally missed the boat on that one.
    you know that guy who was selling always on stage at Parramatta fair, he has one on sale at the Penrith Collectamania today. nobody was buying it, so If by any chance it didn't get sold - just rush up to the stage on Parramatta fair day so you can score him,although I think BBTS might still have some. either way hope you get one its a creepy looking figure, but it completes off my Snakemen cast (even if some of em are just statues hehehe.

The only one that has remote appeal to me is Octavia. Might pick her up at the right price at the Parra far next time but if not, oh well, not too fussed.