Page 74 of 113 FirstFirst ... 546469707172737475767778798494 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU/POP Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    I just spent 10 minutes looking her up. It's Jillian.
    Ah! - Does she have her microphone? - She could announce whoever is entering or leaving the Castle.

Received my Syklone and Mossman today. No big bag either, I was dissappointed.

I agree Kup, Mossman does smell like most "pine" scented toilet goods.

It makes me curious about how mossman smelt in the original line. And did the 200x line smell?

At the last nexus, I saw an old mossman and picked it up, it looked pretty skanky and didn't smell. Meanwhile I looked like a weirdo sniffing toys
    Last edited by Tetsuwan Convoy; 11th May 2011 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    The second one, without any chips.
    That's great! That is the best Castle of the two as you can easily activate every gimmick without requiring the somewhat rare chipped figures.

All the Ebay figures I ordered arrived today. My favourite of the bunch is Scareglow. Very creepy and cool.

Thought I would add some piccs. I love that Sykone's radar looks exactly like the on on the vintage toy! ACE!

Can anyone tell me why Moss Man has 'The original' on his box, when he is a re-release please?

All re-releases have the "The Original!" Burst on them so collectors can differentiate between the first version of the toy and that way scalpers can't palm of the Reissues as the rarer and more expensive "first printing".

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Can anyone tell me why Moss Man has 'The original' on his box, when he is a re-release please?
    It's a reference to the vintage line, where He-Man and Skeletor were reissued in 1984 at the same time as Battle Armour He-Man and Skeletor were released. "The Original" He-Man and Skeletor reissues had that logo. So it's now (ironically) MOTU code for "not actually the original release."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    All the Ebay figures I ordered arrived today. My favourite of the bunch is Scareglow. Very creepy and cool.
    Scareglow is 100% awesome. I took some pics coz I loiks him that much here

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    All re-releases have the "The Original!" Burst on them so collectors can differentiate between the first version of the toy and that way scalpers can't palm of the Reissues as the rarer and more expensive "first printing".
    I had a feeling it might be something like that,to differentiate the releases, but it seems odd to use 'original' when he isn't. Oh well. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I had a feeling it might be something like that,to differentiate the releases, but it seems odd to use 'original' when he isn't. Oh well. Cheers
    It would have made a million times more sense for the reissue cards to say "He's Back!" like the 1987 reissue of Faker:

(Or "She's Back!" when appropriate.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    It would have made a million times more sense for the reissue cards to say "He's Back!" like the 1987 reissue of Faker:

(Or "She's Back!" when appropriate.)
    Haven't you heard? Logistics doesn't allow that. You don't understand because you don't know logistics.