Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2232373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE/WWF/TNA/Wrestling discussion thread - (may contain spoilers!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Hulk Hogan has come out and panned The Rock saying that the WWE spent 5 years building up Cena and in 30 seconds The Rock had the crowd chanting "Cena Sucks". This coming from the guy who held everyone else down and refused to put anyone over. Also for years any male over the age of 13 who watches WWE has been sick of Cena being rammed down their throats. They've just been looking for someone else to cheer for. Now they have him
    Who would have thought that at his advanced age Hogan would know what an internet troll is and how to be one.

heh ... go away you hypocritical old man, your best days are well behind you and no matter how much he may believe in recycling, Vince Russo can't bring them back for you.

Rock v Cena next year at wrestlemania. Darn a lot can happen over the next 360 odd days!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Well I can't watch wrestling in my house anymore. I was watching TNA the other night and my son came and sat down next to me. After about 5 minutes he got jumped around a bit, fell over and hit his head on the coffee table "like the man on tv"
    LOL, this reminds me of the time, at the age of 5, that I lept off my best friends couch and dropped the elbow directly into his father's sternum. I winded the poor guy and I'm prertty sure I stepped on his face trying to stand back up.

This was the first time I discovered adults (unlike me) were not actually invulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechbiter View Post
    LOL, this reminds me of the time, at the age of 5, that I lept off my best friends couch and dropped the elbow directly into his father's sternum. I winded the poor guy and I'm prertty sure I stepped on his face trying to stand back up.

This was the first time I discovered adults (unlike me) were not actually invulnerable.
    LOL

Did anyone see Sin Cara debut on raw last night? If not check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1p89CRFj3s

He lept from the floor and cleared the top rope.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Man he got some air there! Is that Mistico?

Hunting: Alternators, Binaltechs. Loose or Boxed
    Hunting: Bravestar figure 'Thunderstick'
    Collection:My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschool78 View Post
    Man he got some air there! Is that Mistico?
    Yup. Sure is.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Macho Man Randy Savage passed away today in a car crash aged 58 - not as early as some in the industry but still before his time. Pretty Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Macho Man Randy Savage passed away today in a car crash aged 58 - not as early as some in the industry but still before his time. Pretty Sad.
    Holy crap!
    That sucks as he was easily one of the best Wrestlers to come out of the 80s Golden Age.

Take it easy big guy, Ooh-Yeah...

Here's the news.

----------------------
    Famed US pro wrestler Randy Savage dies in crash
    Reuters
    Sat, May 21, 2011

FLORIDA, USA - US professional wrestling great "Macho Man" Randy Savage died after a car crash on Friday near his home in Seminole, Florida, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

The colorful former champion -- known for his husky voice, gaudy costumes and "oooh, yeah!" catch phrase -- appeared to have lost control of his 2009 Jeep Wrangler at 9:25 a.m. local time, crash investigators said.

He drove over a concrete median into oncoming traffic lanes before crashing head-on into a tree and later died of his injuries at a nearby hospital, a crash report said.

He was 58.

While some media outlets quoted his brother as saying the retired wrestler suffered a heart attack while driving, the Florida Highway Patrol said that could not be confirmed until an autopsy is performed.

The crash was not alcohol-related, authorities said.

The wrestler, whose legal name was Randy Poffo, and his wife, who was a passenger in the car, were both wearing seat belts. His wife was hospitalized with minor injuries.

Once a minor league baseball player, Savage rose to fame as "Macho Man" in the 1980s in the World Wrestling Federation, now known as the WWE (WWE.N). He was considered a charismatic and athletic performer in the choreographed world of professional wrestling and he held numerous championships.

He was "an iconic figure," said hall of fame professional wrestler Dusty "The American Dream" Rhodes on Friday.

Under contract with the World Wrestling Federation from 1985 to 1993, he competed against fellow stars including Hulk Hogan, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Jake "The Snake" Roberts. He later was a star in the World Wrestling Federation's now-defunct competitor World Championship Wrestling.

His entrance music was "Pomp and Circumstance" and his signature accessories were sunglasses, bandannas and colorful cowboy hats.

His father Angelo Poffo and brother "Leaping" Lanny Poffo also wrestled professionally.

"WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of one of the greatest Superstars of his time," read a statement posted on the WWE site on Friday. "Our sincerest condolences go out to his family and friends."

Savage in recent years lent his voice to characters in animated movies and TV shows.

RIP The Macho Man OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!