Page 17 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222737 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

I'm gonna have to get me a set now that I've found out that they had colour differences...

heres an item description for the item

Japanese Exclusive -For the September 2004 issue of Dengeki Hobby Magazine, Mediaworks teamed up with Takara to produce this exclusive set of World's Smallest Transformers, modeled after the vintage VSX set. Included is a great looking box resembling the vintage version. As with the other World's Smallest Transformers, both of these fully transform, even though they stand just 6 cm tall includes Cybertron (Convoy) World's Smallest Transformer, Destron (Megatron) World's Smallest Transformer, and collector box measuring 8" x 5.5" x 1".

What G1 combiners were reiussed?
    i know of predacons.
    what year was combacticons resissued?
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

The Aerialbots, Combaticons, Protectobots, and Stunticons were "reissued" as gold boxed/carded Classics in the early 90s (90/91/92?)

There are G2 versions of the Aerialbots and Combaticons, and ultra-ultra rare G2 Protectobots and Stunticons (except G2 Breakdown who's just ultra-rare)

The Combaticons toys have been re-released many many times over, but outside of Generation Two, they were never "the Combaticons" again.

The Constructions also had a second release just pre-G2 and during G2 but haven't been reissued since.

The Seacon toys came around again in the Japanese Beast wars but weren't the Seacons. There's an upcomming release of them in the Universe line in new colours.

Most of the G1 Scramble City combiners aren't being officially reissued because of all the knock off versions of them on the market.

Some of the Japanese Micromaster gestalts have been reissued (Sixbuilder, etc) and those were the ones repainted for the Universe line. And one of the Japanese combiners Landcross (i think) was rereleased but at a smaller scale.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 12th February 2008 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon
    What G1 combiners were reiussed?
    None. As for gestalts, see Paulbot's post.
    Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon
    what year was combacticons resissued?

Quote Originally Posted by Landcross
    And one of the Japanese combiners Landcross (i think) was rereleased but at a smaller scale.
    Same scale. Some colour variation, most noticeably on Tackle (original G1 toy is vermillion whereas reissue is orange). Reissue Multi Force also have Autobot insignias stamped on each figure and Landcross' chestplate stickers are also stamped/painted on, which looks nicer IMO. The originals are more show-like though if that kind of thing concerns you.

do the classics toys have any story or character to them, or are they simply just repaints of cybertron toys with homage to g1 characters?
    Wanted items:

The Classics toys were mostly new toys with the main exception being the Classics Legends figures (such as Whirl, Perceptor, Trypticon) which were repaints of Cybertron Legends toys.

The only fiction around them is that in the Collector's Club comic strip which is a new continutation from Marvel comic's issue 80 that ignores the Generation Two story. In this the Classics are the original characters in new and/or upgraded bodies.

I also noticed that my mail person delivers mail at roughly the same time each day.

How do you guys anticipate when transformer packages arrive at your door?
    (roughly taking into account the suggest time inidcated on your order or receipt?)
    Wanted items:

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Have you ever felt weird/uncomfortable or received some sort of dirty look/death stare when purchasing TFs from a store?

In all my years of buying TFs from stores, There's only been one time that I can recall when I was paying for Classics Skyfire & the 60 year old "Checkout Chick" gave me a real dirty look & I'm thinking "WTF's your problem?" It was as though I should be ashamed with myself or something - honestly, do people criticise her on the colour of the knitting wool she buys or something? Stupid Old Bag

What if some hot Checkout Chick served you when you were paying for them - TFs might actually become a pickup line; or maybe not.

I guess Big W had people like us in mind when they converted some of their checkouts into self-serve ones

I love that look, i had an argument with a bioch at a Toyworld once:

She said "Well at least your not one of those loosers that comes in here to buy them for them selves".

I responded with "Well actually it is for me"

Her: "Oh bit childish isn't it"

Me: "I serve this great nation to support the fact that we are free to do as we feel"

Then it got nasty and i got her manager and made her apologise