Page 19 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242939 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

I feel for you my cross-border buddies, but will secretly laugh every time I see encore megs in Shin Tokyo!

Thanks guys, I asked the person from the customs whether if it's alright for me to return to sender or to other country (cousins who lives in M'sia), he said 'I think you can cos it's just a TOY', aiks....

If a bunch of us got sick of waiting for Stockade (as an example) to hit the shelves and did a group order from an o/s website and say purchased 10 of them in order... would customs have an issue with us importing a large quantity of one item? Would they charge us some sort of tax?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    If a bunch of us got sick of waiting for Stockade (as an example) to hit the shelves and did a group order from an o/s website and say purchased 10 of them in order... would customs have an issue with us importing a large quantity of one item? Would they charge us some sort of tax?
    Nope. It must meet a certain value for customs to intercede. I cant recall the value though it would be something high. Put it this way, I've seen plenty of parcels with commercial goods in them come through my post office that customs have never touched.

All going to people of Asian descent and coming from Asian countries. The boxes are huge and it just amazes me that they just ship it that way and avoid customs scot free. Smaller items, okay, but massive lots of electronics and clothing is just scary.

Anyway, it shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hanprimus View Post
    Thanks guys, I asked the person from the customs whether if it's alright for me to return to sender or to other country (cousins who lives in M'sia), he said 'I think you can cos it's just a TOY', aiks....
    I'd would've pressed him further right there and then, dude. Technically (from my own experience) your supposed to get an export licence from the Department of Defence. Which is stupid, I know, but that's what the guy told me I had to do. I just wanted to whack the folk that drafted the legislation. I mean, export licence for toy gun... as a return to sender!

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Nope. It must meet a certain value for customs to intercede. I cant recall the value though it would be something high. Put it this way, I've seen plenty of parcels with commercial goods in them come through my post office that customs have never touched.

All going to people of Asian descent and coming from Asian countries. The boxes are huge and it just amazes me that they just ship it that way and avoid customs scot free. Smaller items, okay, but massive lots of electronics and clothing is just scary.

Anyway, it shouldn't be a problem.
    Not always though. I once got a package held by customs for being over $300 and they wouldn't release it until I paid the duty tax on it. And I think they can charge duty on anything that is over $100 (on the customs declaration), but probably only waste time on the more expensive items, or if you have been flagged as a regular importer of parcels.
    It might also come down to the actual description on the customs declaration, as some types of goods might not attract a tax if from certain countries.

Hmm still might work out cheaper... look out for a "Melb group order for new Movie deluxes" thread!

what are good tf catalogue books, with plenty of pics and catalogued according to tf series??

any1 willing to sell these pm
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

The Transformers ID and Price Guide book is the best one available in the shops. Most Borders stores stock it - I saw it as Knox Borders on the weekend. Quality of pictures varies from good to out of focus, and only covers US G1.

The Cybertronian guides are excellent but pricey and cover up to the first two years of Beast Wars.

Transformers Generations is the best you can get, covering G1 (US/Euro/Japanese) and Machine Wars, but alas is not in english (it's only flaw!)

Quote Originally Posted by Autobreadticon
    what are good tf catalogue books, with plenty of pics and catalogued according to tf series??
    For all things G1 and G2 I would highly recommend Transformers: Generations (or Transformers: Generations Deluxe). They're available from Japanese book stores - not sure if Melbourne has a Kinokuniya or Hondarake... but you guys have a Japan Book Plaza, don't you?