Page 24 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 41419202122232425262728293444 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

I am waiting to get home so that I can have a look at toys such as Grimlock and check where the rub signs are.
    ________
    Voyeur sex
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    Hey guys, did the Galaxy Force toys come with little collector cards?
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    [1] Origin of triple changing ability. I read that they were a result of Shockwave's experiments (I think this was from the DW comics).

Any other information anyone can shed on this?
    It was never explained in G1.

[2] Origin of Sixshot ?
    Ditto.

[3] Origin of combiner technology. According to the IDW Spotlight: Optimus Prime, it stated that Jihaxus introduced this via an experiment that resulted in Monstructor.

I am interested in finding out if there are any other origin stories.
    The G1 origin is veeeeeeeeeeeeeery confusing. Megatron built the Constructicons on Earth with the ability to combine into Devastator. Then it was revealed that the Constructicons were former allies of the Autobots on Cybertron until they were reprogrammed by Megatron and rebuilt with the ability to merge into Devastator. Then it was revealed that the Constructicons created Megatron. Yeah.

[4] How Transformers are created / made. Primus? Vector Sigma? Matrix? Some combination of all three?
    As kup said, the cartoon was inconsistent... technically the Transformers were meant to be given life by Vector Sigma (which has been retconned as a "physical embodiment of Primus" - in Beast Wars Neo Vector Sigma referred to itself as the God of Transformers) but there are noteable exceptions to it - such as the Constructicons and Dinobots, created on Earth and given life by no apparent means whatsoever.

In the comics, the Transformers were originally created and given life by their God Primus. At first they were able to reproduce on their own via a process similar to mitotic budding, but this ability was lost. Afterward Transformers were given life via the Creation Matrix, which contains a portion of Primus' life essence. Transformers like the Constructicons could also be given life with residual energies from the Matrix (extracted from Optimus Prime's head). In Beast Wars/Beast Machines the Matrix was defined as an alternate reality ("afterlife") where Transformer Sparks originated from and were destined to return to upon death - also known as the AllSpark it's similar to the idea of the cosmic mother node in Vedic religions like Hinduism and Buddhism.

And of course, in the movie and Animated we have the AllSpark Cube/key.

[5] Why does Alpha Trion seem to "age", whereas some other characters do not (well at least they don't seem to grow beards)?
    TF beards make no freakin' sense whatsoever... I don't get it either.
    Emirate Xaaron is a better example of an aged Transformer - no beard, but being incredibly old he's too frail to transform.

liegeprime: Transformers in G1 and G2 from 1988 onwards didn't have rub signs.

Quote Originally Posted by benben2142 View Post
    How do you know Arundel?
    I don't. I just ran your postcode through a database available from Australia Post

Also my package arrived yesterday at 1:06 pm the card was left at my home.
    Cool. I hope this means HLJ get to live

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

the closest g1 cartoon came to the orgigns of triple changers was in a toy ad

"Megatron has created trilpe changers"

Can someone please explain what the difference of KO cassette and the original.

And please tell me if they were reissued....
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

I hope this helps:

1. Sludge - lower back of the Apatosaurus neck
    2. Quickswitch - I believe there is none
    3. Jetfire - On top of the head
    4. Sky Lynx - right on the front top of the segment right behind the cockpit (back neck plate in dino mode)
    5. Dreadwind - I believe there is none
    6. Darkwing - I believe there is none
    7. Landfill- I believe there is none
    8. Scoop - I believe there is none
    9. Slapdash - I believe there is none
    10. Crankcase - I believe there is none
    11. Windsweeper - I believe there is none
    12. Dogfight - I believe there is none
    13. Backstreet - I believe there is none
    14. Override - I believe there is none
    15. Camshaft - I believe there is none but unsure
    16. Downshift - I believe there is none but unsure
    17. Overdrive - I believe there is none but unsure
    18. Grimlock - Smooth area on side of left foot (on its side in robot mode, upright in T-Rex mode)
    19. Firecons - I believe there is none
    20. sparkabots - I believe there is none
    ________
    Javelin
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:37 PM.

I concur with kup's rub sign locations btw, Sludge is a Brontosaurus, not an Apatosaurus - yes yes, I know that there's no such thing as a Brontosaurus, but they didn't know that back then. :P So technically the cartoon origin makes more sense than the comic origin as far as Sludge is concerned really.

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon
    And please tell me if they were reissued....
    The only cassettes to have been reissued so far have been:
    + Laserbeak
    + Buzzsaw
    + Ravage
    + Steeljaw
    ...for some weird reason, they've reused the Eject/Rewind mould twice (for Flipsides and Rosanna) but they've never reissued Eject or Rewind! Double-u-tee-eff?! We know they have the mould, why don't they reissue them?! (O_o)

Quote Originally Posted by dirge
    Cool. I hope this means HLJ get to live
    roffle-lawlz!

Thanks guys, began looking at these specific areas of the figures now, kup, and yeah apparently on Sludge that may be the reason Im not seeing any rubsigns in any of the sourcebooks, its coz they're not taking shots of the fig at that angle .

What strikes me odd though is that crankcase and windsweeper doesnt have a rubsign but Ruckus ( whose of the same subgroup) does? talk about Hasbro cheapening on us with stickies ;D. Anyway as I said this makes my job easier, as I can now stick them rubsigns anywhere I deem looks nice heheheh. Cheers!
    Last edited by liegeprime; 27th February 2008 at 10:38 PM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Hey guys, did the Galaxy Force toys come with little collector cards? The reason I ask is b/c I'm trying to figure out if it's worth buying a certain figure loose or should i chase down the MISB one.
    Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Originally Posted by STL
    Hey guys, did the Galaxy Force toys come with little collector cards?
    Yup.