Page 530 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 510520525526527528529530531532533534535540550 ... LastLast
Results 5,291 to 5,300 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    So, After getting through most of Beast wars (I've got about 8 eps to go, will finish this week and loving it. Easily my favourite TF cartoon), I want an Optimus Primal toy (Gotta love those toy ads, they really work)

As far as different types go, I like the Optimal Optimus mold, it kicks arse and has 4 modes. Pretty cool.

So what's it like as a toy? Any good?? Is there a difference between Hasbro and Takara versions? etc, etc.

Cheers for the help. I'll probably get a Megs later but for now OP will do.

I think someone asked this in another thread recently?? It was to work out shipping. I had a look but can't find the post Sorry Gok
    I like the mold, Your biggest problem is to make sure you buy a complete one as it'll be a pain to chase up the shoulder guards. Also keep an eye out for chrome damage as this seems to be a common occurrence with the Trans-Metals & Trans-Metals 2. One of the best molds going despite the very short appearance is X-9 Ravage, Good luck finding a cheap one of these

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I like the mold, Your biggest problem is to make sure you buy a complete one as it'll be a pain to chase up the shoulder guards. Also keep an eye out for chrome damage as this seems to be a common occurrence with the Trans-Metals & Trans-Metals 2. One of the best molds going despite the very short appearance is X-9 Ravage, Good luck finding a cheap one of these
    Ditto!

Op-Op is a great toy, not terribly hard to transform but just mind the chrome & be wary of the hinges of the knees as with liberal use they become extraordinary loose & he is an extremely top-heavy figure.

There isn't a huge difference between Beast & Bot modes, with the Tank & Aircraft Alt modes being comparable in a similar fashion but all are distinct and satisfying - Much like the size & weight of this big brute, so ensure you've got plenty of display space Trent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    A quick TFwiki search reveals he (or one of the myriad Autobot lookalikes) showed up to die in Dark Awakening. Of course, so did the Aerialbots and they showed up fine and dandy later, so my theory is that Sky Lynx ate him.
    Darned Dino-shuttle! Probably just peeved at being kicked out of the Dinobots/Lightning Strike Coalition.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Darned Dino-shuttle! Probably just peeved at being kicked out of the Dinobots/Lightning Strike Coalition.
    Something like that.

On a semi-related note, were there ever any notable Autobot space-taxis that were Takara molds that made it to a Western release? Jetfire, Sky Lynx, and Omega Supreme were all non-Takara molds, and I can't think of any other notable ones besides Fort Max, who's kind of more a mobile city-bot in the US 'toon anyway.

Well in theory those two count. Not practive.

have i missed something is there another active transformers cartoon that isnt transformers prime?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapryiath View Post
    have i missed something is there another active transformers cartoon that isnt transformers prime?
    Isn't there that Rescue Bots thing? Aimed at really young kids..?
    Last edited by Tober; 25th October 2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: precision
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Isn't there that Rescue Bots thing? Aimed at really young kids..?
    That's the only other concurrent TF Cartoon, yeah.

Does OTCA have a toy store thread? Threads pop up on sales for the toy stores but not to actually just discuss about the store. If I do start a thread, which section is appropriate?