Page 571 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 551561566567568569570571572573574575576581591 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    ...I'm up to season 2 episode 2 - and wouldn't you know it? "The return of the Headmaster."
    If it's any consolation, I found that episode incredibly funny., mainly due to the emphasis on Sentinel Prime...

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Honestly, Goki has probably said it best; bare in mind too that apart from Alternators/Binaltech & Alternity, almost all automotive-based Alt modes are merely approximations of actual vehicles when it comes to mainline toy lines & never direct representations.
    • Note that we've never had a Beetle or 'New' Beetle representation of Bumblebee or a modern Porsche 911 equivalent for Jazz.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Only in the movie, but not for the toyline though. All the ROTF Sideways toys are just approximations of an Audi R8, but not actually modelled on the Audi R8 itself. So it looks similar enough for people to know that it's meant to be an R8, but dissimilar enough so that Audi won't sue Hasbro. Likewise Ferrari allowed Paramount to use the Ferrari 458 Italia for DotM Dino, but not for the toy -- so Speed Star Mirage is only an approximation of the 458 Italia.
    Not only that, but I would imagine that TakaraTomy would also have to obtain a licence from Martini Racing so they can use the Martini Racing logo and three-tone stripes on Jazz.

Has there been a release of Headmasters/Victory on dvd with a decent english dub on it?
    I picked one up and it has the worst dub in history

Nope. Those horrid StarTV dubs are the only ones that have been done. Better off watching it with subtitles. I've heard rumours that the original plan for G2 was to have the Japanese G1 series dubbed with the original surviving* Sunbow voice actors, but with a new CGI theme sequence and intermittent graphics (Cybernet Space Cube). But then someone decided to redo some of the US episodes in that format first, and the show was canned before they could ever even touch any of the Japanese episodes to dub.

---------------------------------------------
    *Although G2 came out in 1993, there were already some G1 voice actors that'd passed away, such as Scatman Crothers (that's why Jazz never has any spoken lines after Transformers the Movie -- we see him in Season 3, but he never speaks) and Chris Latta (passed away in 1991 iirc - so he was able to voice Starscream and other post-movie characters like Spasma, but he wouldn't have been around to do anything for G2).

...maybe they should pay Dr.Smoov a load of money to redub the entire Japanese series. He could do virtually 98% of the cast (just need someone else to dub Daniel, Arcee, Carly, Clipper, Minerva, Mega, Illumina and Clipper).

In regards to the recent speculation about the MP SS and RA licencing issues, I emailed Lamborghini the other day and received this reply last night:

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXX,

We’ve received your request, thank you very much for contacting us and reporting us this case.

We kindly inform you that the rumors you referred to are false.

Don’t hesitate to contact us for any further information.

With best regards,

EXXXX

Automobili Lamborghini SpA
    After Sales - Customer Care
    Via Modena 12
    I-40019 Sant’Agata Bolognese (BO)
    Ph. +39 051 XXXXXXX
    Fax +39 051 XXXXXXX
    customercare@lamborghini.com
    www.lamborghini.com
    So there you go.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    In regards to the recent speculation about the MP SS and RA licencing issues, I emailed Lamborghini the other day and received this reply last night:

So there you go.
    Nice. Love it when fanboy rumours are quashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post

*snip*

So there you go.
    Excellent job on the footwork Trent , it'll no doubt come as a relief to quite a number of people I'm sure.

Default Wotta Lotta Latta

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Chris Latta passed away in 1991 iirc
    It was 1994. This I know on account of him still voicing Cobra Commander in the live-action G.I. Joe commercials up to (and including) 1993.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Agnew View Post
    It was 1994. This I know on account of him still voicing Cobra Commander in the live-action G.I. Joe commercials up to (and including) 1993.
    I sit corrected.

Two questions; does anyone have a comparison picture for Mp-4 and Mp Alert/Sideswipe? I want to know would it work at all as a replacement Mp-10.
    Second question, do the new Mp's have the same hand size? I want to pick up an Mp-10 blaster for Alert and want to know does it fit.