Page 596 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 576586591592593594595596597598599600601606616 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,960 of 10424

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Autobot equivalent of the Seeker? (a mould that is most used for multiple characters, not redecos)

Hasbro & TakaraTomy obviously love the "Seeker" concept, as it means instant multiple reuse potential of a mould to make the most money from it. And not satisfied with just the classic six, they have since created two new characters for the mould (Sunstorm and AcidStorm/Wing).

So.... what do you think is the most equivalent Autobot mould?
    Originally it was 3 with the Gen1 Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen mould, which continues right up to this year with the Masterpiece line.
    Sideswipe and Red Alert had two limited-edition obscure character redecos squeezed out of it's mould at one stage (Deep Cover and Tigertrack), so there is a future potential for four characters from any Sideswipe mould.
    The Classicverse Jazz mould managed to squeeze out Wheelie, Treadshot*, Shockwave*, Kick-Over/Off and Stepper... although three of those were a stretch of the imagination, and isn't Stepper supposed to be Jazz anyway?
    And then we have Bumblebee. Forever cheaply redone in red as Cliffjumper, it also has the potential to be Goldbug, Bugbite* or even Hubcap or Bumblejumper (if they can do Cliffjumper, and at least give it a new head).
    (* = not Autobots, so don't count to the tally)

Now it seems there is a new character "class", that can be squeezed out of the one mould. TFPrime Commander Ironhide - so far with four toys, being redone as Kup, Trailcutter/breaker and Huffer already, with the potential to be Hoist, Gears and Swerve. (Hoist was already a reworked Trailbreaker, while Gears and Swerve were pickup trucks in Gen1).

It's kinda odd that with Movie Irohide being a pickup truck as well, out of all those Ironhide toy moulds, none (including the TFPrime pickup truck mould) were done as Gears or Swerve.

According to tfu.info, the most recent toys of Gears and Swerve are very few, and aside from one Swerve toy, they are hardly homages to their Gen1 versions. Perhaps they should redeco the TFPrime Ironhide mould into Gears and Swerve to fill a couple holes in the Classicverse line.

It also raises another question - if there have been Decepticon characters made from Autobot redecos, have we ever had an Autobot character created from a Seeker mould? (Aside from Botshots and Legions/Legends, which are just cheap/lazy imitation Aerialbots, so don't count)

Clamp Down as well for the Red Alert mould. Plus, since OTFCC Punch was a remould of 'Classics' Sideswipe/Sunstreaker/Red Alert he could be added to the lineup, which would make seven similar Autobots with Tigertrack and Deep Cover. (If Tigertrack can be differentiated from Sunstreaker. If not, it's six. Which is a good number for Seekers.)

I'd say the nissan fairlady z cars are probably the most like the seekers. 3 characters from the same mold with little or no difference than a change of paint. The repaints have carried on through different lines of the toys also. as you mentioned the MP's coming out later this year.

I think the only acceptable multi mold uses these days are reflections of the multi mold uses of g1, the use of generations Jazz for all those other chracters is a bit weak, especially wheelie, it's not a neat parrallell of the orighial wheelie. I much prefer the legends wheelie. JaZz was pretty much a standalone toy, the ricochet toy was released years later as a limited edition.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Does anyone have a lot of experiance with AMI AMI? how is their shipping? I've noticed that it's not calculated prior to payment.
    what is the cheapest shipping method from them, is it SAL or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Does anyone have a lot of experiance with AMI AMI? how is their shipping? I've noticed that it's not calculated prior to payment.
    what is the cheapest shipping method from them, is it SAL or something else?
    I bought from them just recently ...but i opt for EMS .... so it was very fast...but wasn't cheap... $20 shipping cost for a figma figure..
    here their shipping pricing ...
    http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq2.html

I want to order a couple of items from bbts via the POL system, I'm just curious on the shipping, does UPS shipping cap off at around $100 -$120, as I've seen form other people's orders? I'm only ordering small to medium items (Voyagers, lots of deluxes, 1/8 figures so on).

Quote Originally Posted by Ae-Evolution View Post
    I want to order a couple of items from bbts via the POL system, I'm just curious on the shipping, does UPS shipping cap off at around $100 -$120, as I've seen form other people's orders? I'm only ordering small to medium items (Voyagers, lots of deluxes, 1/8 figures so on).
    the more stuff you add the more it costs, it's a weight based system though with a flagfall, so if you buy one thing it's pretty expensive shipping, but if you buy lots the shipping works out to be good value.

Quote Originally Posted by Ae-Evolution View Post
    You can have the POL sit there for up to 6months (I have only ever had one pile last that long, it actually went over by a month, but I don't think they really care too much about that).

Keep an eye out for things you might be interested in, or ask around and see if anyone was interesting in going in on anything.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Does anyone know what a good price is for a Beast Machines Noble Savage?

And also where I could get one? Sealed, or complete with card would be ideal.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Eeerk... unfortunately that toy never came out in Australia, so good luck finding it. It is a pretty good toy though for what it is. No idea how much this toy is selling for these days. :/