Page 747 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 727737742743744745746747748749750751752757767 ... LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,470 of 10411

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

If it helps, here is a link to info regarding the Chinese reissues. In it, it states "The boxes had only tiny alternations and a small Chinese name sticker in the corner, making them very difficult to differentiate from the original releases, especially when the name sticker was removed." It goes on to say that these stickers were very easy to remove so that may have been the case with yours Sinner. There doesn't seem to be any images in that article showing the Chinese sticker but I can post one here later if people would like (I posted one here in the Acquisitions thread back in Jan 2010 however the image has expired )
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Between $10 and $14. E.g.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    ^That is a cool little picture
    I totally agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I've never seen G2 Cyclonus before
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    ... but from memory the copyright on the Seekers was printed on the inside of their legs, so a photo may be difficult, but i can always supply the text.
    Leave it with me for a few, i've got to dig the box up, but it shouldn't be too hard to find...
    Thank you that would be great

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If it helps, here is a link to info regarding the Chinese reissues. In it, it states "The boxes had only tiny alternations and a small Chinese name sticker in the corner, making them very difficult to differentiate from the original releases, especially when the name sticker was removed." It goes on to say that these stickers were very easy to remove so that may have been the case with yours Sinner. There doesn't seem to be any images in that article showing the Chinese sticker but I can post one here later if people would like (I posted one here in the Acquisitions thread back in Jan 2010 however the image has expired )
    Thanks heaps for the link and please find the pic and re-post. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    Thanks heaps for the link and please find the pic and re-post. Thanks
    Here you go. Best photo I could find. I've even circled the sticker for you

New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

When you guys count your collection do you count each character or each set? I have 530 characters but only 387 sets. With combiner sets, cassette sets, vs sets and toys like Fort Max with multiple characters I count them as individual characters.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    When you guys count your collection do you count each character or each set? I have 530 characters but only 387 sets. With combiner sets, cassette sets, vs sets and toys like Fort Max with multiple characters I count them as individual characters.
    I personally use the "Universal Counting Method".

Each character individually, with some exceptions. Eg:
    6 Constructicons & not Devastator
    Headmaster & Targetmasters as two.
    I also count doubles and/or variations. If paid for it, i can count it
    Last edited by Sinnertwin; 30th July 2014 at 11:35 PM.

Most people count by character, so multi-packs are not counted as one.
    How you count partner characters is up to you (toys that are specifically paired to a toy, like a Cassette or City's bots, or Minicons). Some people will count them as separate toys, others will count them as necessary to complete the larger toy (like you'd expect if you were buying one or reviewing one). But ultimately it is up to you to come up with a method that has the least amount of exceptions, so that when you take a stocktake at any time, your count will match up with your previous counts... and more importantly, a method that doesn't spoil your fun by being over complicated.

For me, it is any Hasbro/TakaraTomy figure that isn't required to complete another figure (it can be broken or missing a part)... and has to be intended as a playable toy (not a figurine).
    Like, I wouldn't count Scamper because I wouldn't buy a "complete" Metroplex that doesn't have a Scamper (if I count Scamper, I can't count Metroplex as a complete toy).... or Brainstorm without an Arcana (head)... or an Armada Hotshot that doesn't have a Jolt Minicon. (a 3-pack of Minicons count as three, but a Minicon specifically partnered to a larger toy doesn't count as one... because would you buy the larger toy if it was listed as "compete" and didn't have its Minicon?)
    But that's just me. Some people count figurines, some people count partner figures.... while others don't count at all, because they see it as ruining the fun by creating work.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Here you go. Best photo I could find. I've even circled the sticker for you
    Thanks Mate.

Sorry to hijack this thread but the knowledge of these Chinese Re-issues is new to me and quite frankly is leaving a bad taste in my mouth...I wasn't actively collecting between around 92-96/7 so rarely if at all ventured into a toy store during this time so it would explain why I didn't see them. I do however remember seeing the Gold Packaging Classics Versions in Kmart- but by the time I could afford to buy TF's again they were long gone and Machine wars had just hit the shelves.

The link you provided 5FDP labels these as re-issues, so they are not knock-offs right? Just Hasbro wanting to flood the market again with previously released transformers and presumably getting them made cheaper in China than say Japan?

Since finding out about the Chinese Re-issues I feel that I have been ripped off by a toy dealer (who probably knew) that sold me a MISB Cyclonus and MISB Ramjet back in the early 2000's as Vintage for about 5 times (each) what Sinnertwin said he paid for his Ramjet The Chinese stickers must have been removed because I definitely didn't see them on them...Ah to be naive and gullible.

The Cyclonus I purchased thinking it was Vintage - the Takara copyright has been blacked out

I always wondered why my Ramjet (mentioned above and purchased from the same dealer as Cyclonus) had the Takara stamp rubbed out on the toy's leg, but was confused because this was a common trait used on the gold boxed classics but I knew Ramjet wasn't released in the gold box I could find no info on Fred's workshop specifically mentioning it either so shrugged it off as an unknown/un-documented variant. Also as an FYI to others that are looking at purchasing a loose Ramjet and don't have access to the copyright stamp on the toys leg, the large Decepticon Logos on his wings are cut differently in the Chinese KO Re-issue. The Vintage is curved around the top where the re-issue is cut with straight lines (see below)

Decepticon Logo Differences - Curved edge Vintage - square edge re-issue

I haven't counted since I was a kid, back then (early to mid nineties) I had over 100 G1 toys largely paid for by a paper round. I counted each character. but not the combiner.

I couldn't be bothered counting these days, its probably over 1000, i'm not sure. I have a lot of alternators/binaltechs, a lot of classics/generations, nearly all of animated, at least one version of most of the movie characters and toys, a massive amount of Prime toys. I just couldn't be bothered. I have trouble finding time to open new transformers, let alone count them.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)