Page 804 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 784794799800801802803804805806807808809814824 ... LastLast
Results 8,031 to 8,040 of 10424

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Late to the discussion as always , but to chime in - I'd agree; that planet seems to have land masses & water, not to mention an atmosphere, so I reckon it wouldn't be Cybertron either.

At least, if Maximal High-Command were worth their salt, they wouldn't want to be testing/experimenting on Protoform-X anywhere near Cybertron or its outposts.
    The planet not being Cybertron opens up a larger can of worms. If we assume the scene we're seeing is the Axalon's launch (it's shown to be collecting other Stasis Pods, as well as Protoform X's) then the Axalon wasn't near Cybertron when Megatron and the gang were stealing the Golden Disk. Is it just a large coincidence that Megs steers their ship towards wherever the Axalon is, presumably some distance from Cybertron, before trying to travel through time? Optimus says something in episode 1 about the Axalon being the only one able to lock on the Megatron's warp signature (meaning there was more than one ship in pursuit?) but surely they'd have to be in some sort of close proximity to be able to lock on to such a signature.

I like to over-think stuff

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    The planet not being Cybertron opens up a larger can of worms. If we assume the scene we're seeing is the Axalon's launch (it's shown to be collecting other Stasis Pods, as well as Protoform X's) then the Axalon wasn't near Cybertron when Megatron and the gang were stealing the Golden Disk. Is it just a large coincidence that Megs steers their ship towards wherever the Axalon is, presumably some distance from Cybertron, before trying to travel through time? Optimus says something in episode 1 about the Axalon being the only one able to lock on the Megatron's warp signature (meaning there was more than one ship in pursuit?) but surely they'd have to be in some sort of close proximity to be able to lock on to such a signature.

I like to over-think stuff
    I don't think it's the Axalon's launch as such, as I'd expect Cheetor to remember that part of the launch when the big mad robot was packed away? It's them putting Rampage into status for disposal and loaded onboard prior to the launch of the mission proper. And like Hursticon said I'd always imagined the Protoform X experiments took place off world.

I also assumed, from that line in the first episode, that the Axalon went after the Darkside, because yes is was the closest Maximal ship. It may have been the only ship in orbit of Cybertron ready for flight, and not actually started their mission (hence why they still had so many status pods aboard). I don't recall if they ever indiciated they had dropped some off prior to ejecting them in episode one.

There's a 4 stellar-cycle (year) gap between when Rampage escaped (leveling Colony Omicron) to when Depth Charge recaptured him. Presumably DC would have dragged his ass back to Cybertron to hand him over to the High Council to deal with. They in turn wash their hands of the issue and hand Rampage over to Primal to dump somewhere.

As for Cheetor not knowing about Rampage being on board, I presume that Cheetor and Rattrap were actually in Stasis Pods at the time of launch, leaving only Primal and Rhinox 'awake'. Then, when the Pred ship pursuit started, they needed a few more hands on deck, so they woke Rattrap and Cheetor up to man the different systems. This then explains why Cheetor, Rattrap and Rhinox have to introduce themselves to each other when just after they've taken on new Beast forms. "Livin' large is for bots like me -- Rhinox" etc etc.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

so I was in Target the other day and noticed that the Hero Mashers Slag/Slug seems to have a mid production mould change.

I'm trying to decide which one I prefer more, one seems to be more in line with the styling of the rest of the toy but the other has super big tail spikes, and probably isn't overly child safe.

Has anyone noticed this difference?
    Any ideas which is the more prevalent?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    so I was in Target the other day and noticed that the Hero Mashers Slag/Slug seems to have a mid production mould change.

I'm trying to decide which one I prefer more, one seems to be more in line with the styling of the rest of the toy but the other has super big tail spikes, and probably isn't overly child safe.

Has anyone noticed this difference?
    Any ideas which is the more prevalent?
    I think they've just packaged the parts in different spots on the plastic tray, as it comes with both tails (spiked for Snarl and clubbed for Slug), as mine came with both tails.

I was wondering is there any place in Australia that holds a Transformers Convention (like a Botcon or similar in Australia?) because I can't really afford a trip to America. Thanks in advance

UG

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    I was wondering is there any place in Australia that holds a Transformers Convention (like a Botcon or similar in Australia?) because I can't really afford a trip to America. Thanks in advance

UG

no.
    there are pop culture conventions here and they are getting bigger and bigger
    there have even been a couple transformers related guests at them.
    check these threads

I'm not sure how old you are but if you're doing a trip with someone at some point tacking Botcon on the end on the way home is a great way of maximising the value of your overseas flight. Or doing Botcon and going somewhere else first.

it's about 20% more expensive than it was 2 years ago at the moment just because of the drop in the dollar which does make it harder.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post

UG
    We had fan-run conventions in 2004 (Sabretron) and '05 (OzToyCon), but unlike overseas conventions, we didn't enjoy support from Hasbro. It's simply not financially or practically viable to run a TF convention in Australia. We do have regular fan meets in capital cities (e.g. Syd, Mel, Bris, Ade, Per) though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    We had fan-run conventions in 2004 (Sabretron) and '05 (OzToyCon), but unlike overseas conventions, we didn't enjoy support from Hasbro.
    Hmmm... maybe we should revisit this as Hasbro seems to be more cooperative with the Australian fandom these days.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Hmmm... maybe we should revisit this as Hasbro seems to be more cooperative with the Australian fandom these days.
    and pop culture in general is a much bigger thing than it used to be.
    and since 2007 so is transformers. there probably would be a fair number of walk ins to a transformers convention in a major city now.