Page 846 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 826836841842843844845846847848849850851856866 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,460 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Hyper was a japanese movie set between Beast Wars & Neo. I've seen the Neo dvd box sets but none for sale that I can find.
    Last edited by Ozgardian; 5th November 2015 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    What's Beast Wars Hyper? I have Beast Wars Neo on VHS, although I no longer possess a functional NTSC VHS player on which to view it with. And getting it converted to disc seems expensive. :/
    You only need an NTSC VCR and a PC capture card/USB - Both should be relatively cheap but you can always borrow the VCR from someone as they were not uncommon on the last days of the format (most 'new' VCRs are both Pal and NTSC). Capture Card is no more than $30

Basically, you plug the capture card to your PC and then Plug in the VCR to it (AV). Then play the tape from the VCR while hitting record on the capture card software. It will record what is being played into an AVI or MPEG format, essentially digitising it for you to watch/Edit and do as you please.

With all the Japanese Beast Wars I've read all the manga but tragically have yet to see any of the anime, so I'm just going off what my friendly bot in Japan has told me. Cheers Goktimus for the Heinrad head toggle, did the job! Timer must be on 12 hours not 24 because I tried the head toggle & It didn't work the 1st time.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    You only need an NTSC VCR and a PC capture card/USB - Both should be relatively cheap but you can always borrow the VCR from someone as they were not uncommon on the last days of the format (most 'new' VCRs are both Pal and NTSC). Capture Card is no more than $30

Basically, you plug the capture card to your PC and then Plug in the VCR to it (AV). Then play the tape from the VCR while hitting record on the capture card software. It will record what is being played into an AVI or MPEG format, essentially digitising it for you to watch/Edit and do as you please.
    Thanks for the tip, I've had a small stack of VHS sitting around for ages that I mean to get converted to DVD, this seems like a reasonable option. we still have a functioning VCR.

link here Gok to suppliers
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Can anyone tell me why we get blackjack but no huffer in Oz

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod View Post
    Can anyone tell me why we get blackjack but no huffer in Oz
    Pretty sure it is to do we skipped Legends Waves 2 and 3.

Huffer was in Wave 2, while Blackjack was in Waves 2 and 5.

We may have also skipped Wave 4, but I can't remember if I had seen Warpath or not.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Pretty sure it is to do we skipped Legends Waves 2 and 3.

Huffer was in Wave 2, while Blackjack was in Waves 2 and 5.

We may have also skipped Wave 4, but I can't remember if I had seen Warpath or not.
    Warpath has been released in Australia as I've seen him in a few places, but Viper hasn't been released for some odd reason.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Warpath has been released in Australia as I've seen him in a few places, but Viper hasn't been released for some odd reason.
    Viper was Wave 3. Warpath was 3 and 4

We had an unconfirmed sighting of wave 2 at the beginning of the year by a newbie, so I don't think we got wave 2.
    We also didn't get wave 3, but since wave 4 and its revision arrived here, we got some previous toys that we missed (Blackjack, Warpath, Groove).

From the 2015 checklist...

Legends (US$10 - AU$20) (11 for Series 1) (no Targetmaster this year)
    - - Wave 1 (JAN) OUT US DEC 2014 - HERE JAN
    Bombshell - purple/black insect (Decep - new)
    Powerglide - red jet (Auto - new) (with gun mode for Combiners)
    Thundercracker - blue jet (Decep - redeco 2013 Starscream)
    Windcharger - red/grey car (Auto - redeco 2014 Tailgate)
    - - Wave 2 (JAN) OUT ASIA FEB - OUT US MAR - HERE MAR (unconfirmed sighting)
    Blackjack - black/purple car (Decep - new) (with chest-piece mode for Combiners) - HERE SEPT W/ Wave 4 revision
    Huffer - orange truck cab (Auto - redeco 2013 Optimus Prime)
    - - Wave 3 (APR) OUT ASIA APR - OUT US - NOT RELEASED HERE
    Groove - white motorcycle (Auto - new) (with chest-piece mode for Combiners) - HERE JULY W/ Wave 4
    Viper - blue jet (Decep - redeco Powerglide w/ new head) (with gun mode for Combiners)
    Warpath - maroon tank (Auto - redeco Megatron w/ new head) - HERE JULY W/ Wave 4
    - - Wave 4 (JUL) OUT ASIA - OUT US - HERE JULY
    Skywarp - black jet (Decep - redeco 2013 Starscream)
    Rodimus - red/yellow car (Auto - redeco Blackjack) (with chest-piece mode for Combiners)

It's funny that when all the waves get released, there will be grumbles about older toys being repacked into the cases that then warm the shelves or could have been filled by the new toys that are hard to find... but when waves are skipped, it is a blessing that the older toys are repacked into the cases, like a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's funny that when all the waves get released, there will be grumbles about older toys being repacked into the cases that then warm the shelves or could have been filled by the new toys that are hard to find... but when waves are skipped, it is a blessing that the older toys are repacked into the cases, like a second chance.
    Kinda works as a safety net for places that don't get every wave.

At least it is starting to look like the retailers have listened to Hasbro in staggering the stock purchases, unlike a while back where they over-ordered wave 1 and 2 of everything.