Page 875 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 855865870871872873874875876877878879880885895 ... LastLast
Results 8,741 to 8,750 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    One thing is misleading is in the search results, some/all/(not sure exactly) auctions display domestic postage below the current price, and it's not until you inspect the auction page itself proper that the international price to you shows up.
    Seen this happen quite a number of times. Also not sure if this is all the time as well but I most recently noticed this on a Transformers #1 CGC comic from USA. It was showing at around $19 shipping on my search page and shows the same number on my watch page but when I clicked into the actual listing shipping was about US$75!! The actual sold price on bid was pretty much just a bit more than it would have cost to ship to Australia and no it wasn't me who won it as I left that auction well alone!

I find for me the eBay search pages show US shipping and it isn't until I go onto the individual listing page do I get the correct shipping for my location.

The other thing that might have happened is that they have it going through the global shipping program which whacks shipping on top.

Have you msg'd the seller to see what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post

The other thing that might have happened is that they have it going through the global shipping program which whacks shipping on top.
    I checked - that's what happened.

Thank goodness I was the only bidder so got him for $10US complete which is a pretty sweet deal

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    I'm assuming since you mentioned USD it is in fact an overseas auction.

When a listing is active, you can check revision on the page, not sure if thats the case after its finished.

One thing is misleading is in the search results, some/all/(not sure exactly) auctions display domestic postage below the current price, and it's not until you inspect the auction page itself proper that the international price to you shows up.
    Dunno if that matters at all to you here, but it catches people out.

Otherwise ask ebay to check perhaps
    Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Seen this happen quite a number of times. Also not sure if this is all the time as well but I most recently noticed this on a Transformers #1 CGC comic from USA. It was showing at around $19 shipping on my search page and shows the same number on my watch page but when I clicked into the actual listing shipping was about US$75!! The actual sold price on bid was pretty much just a bit more than it would have cost to ship to Australia and no it wasn't me who won it as I left that auction well alone!
    I've almost been caught by this on several occasions. makes looking internationally a bit tricky to say the least.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Can anyone read Japanese?

http://www.dvandom.com/tv/ax.GIF

Apologies for the size. It's the largest (only) version I can find.
    Last edited by griffin; 19th May 2016 at 01:11 PM. Reason: removed hotlinked image

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Can anyone read Japanese?

http://www.dvandom.com/tv/ax.GIF
    A few of us can, but you'll need a bigger image than that. Japanese characters can be pretty intricate, and changing just one part of a given character can change its meaning entirely.
    That image is small/low-resolution enough that メインブリッジ "Main Bridge" looks pretty much the same as メインフリッジ "Main Fridge", and that's one of the larger text sections.
    You might be out of luck on this one I'm afraid.
    Last edited by griffin; 19th May 2016 at 01:11 PM. Reason: removed quoted hotlinked image

I remember that, because I was wishing there was one done for the Ark as well.
    What was it it from?

Did the G2 Combaticons come with stickers? If so, are they any different (especially colour-wise) from the stickers for the G1 Combaticons?

Google image search not helpful.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Did the G2 Combaticons come with stickers?
    Nope! All their awful decos were painted or tampographed on!

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    A few of us can, but you'll need a bigger image than that. Japanese characters can be pretty intricate, and changing just one part of a given character can change its meaning entirely.
    That image is small/low-resolution enough that メインブリッジ "Main Bridge" looks pretty much the same as メインフリッジ "Main Fridge", and that's one of the larger text sections.
    You might be out of luck on this one I'm afraid.
    I feared as much. Cheers anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I remember that, because I was wishing there was one done for the Ark as well.
    What was it it from?
    I'm not exactly sure. The Japanese market seemed to have a wealth of great merchandise that we missed out on.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...