Page 989 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 9699799849859869879889899909919929939949991009 ... LastLast
Results 9,881 to 9,890 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

This is a sort of economics question. We sometimes talk of supporting a favoured brand by voting with our dollars. I'm wondering what the best way to do that is. For instance if I wanted to buy two army builders (such as Alicons) would it make any difference if I bought them both from the same store or got one each from two separate stores? What is the best way of sending a message of support for these toys?

I would suggest if multiple retailers sell through product, then more retailers are likely to order more stock from Hasbro, either to refill or for the following season of purchasing.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I'm not fussed where it comes from. I'll usually go for the cheapest and most reliable option. Gotta look after Number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    This is a sort of economics question. We sometimes talk of supporting a favoured brand by voting with our dollars. I'm wondering what the best way to do that is. For instance if I wanted to buy two army builders (such as Alicons) would it make any difference if I bought them both from the same store or got one each from two separate stores? What is the best way of sending a message of support for these toys?
    I suppose leaving some left on the shelf and spreading your business between different stores will certainly be helpful for other fans looking for the same figure.

Not saying you are in any way obligated to do this, just something to consider.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I'm not fussed where it comes from. I'll usually go for the cheapest and most reliable option. Gotta look after Number 1.
    Yep no need to overthink this. The message to send is we will buy from the cheapest source provided the service is reasonable and it's convenient to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Yep no need to overthink this. The message to send is we will buy from the cheapest source provided the service is reasonable and it's convenient to do so.
    Precisely. Let's use MP Lio Convoy as an example:
    At the time of listing, it was about $210 delivered from Oh My Primus. EB/Zing listed it for $300. Robotoyz has it listed for $350 with free delivery.
    Think about it.

Does anyone have any spare faction stickers lying around? Want to spruce up ER Cliffjumper’s chest, it’s so bare.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

My spare room is now my working from home office. I don’t have that many TFs on display in that room but normally the room is unused much. I’m wondering if having a light on for 8 hours a day plus opening the blinds more might affect the white TFs and cause yellowing? Particularly if it’s everyday for up to 6 months. I’ve already put anyone with a bright white body into the cupboard just in case.

I've always wondered if any of the different types of indoor lighting can cause "sun damage" to the toys, because there are a number of my older toys that are only recently showing yellowing, but they have been in the darkest corner of the main toy room for over a decade with no natural lighting and very little time with the room lights on.

In my second toy room, which is where I have my work desk, the lights are on for several hours every day, but toys in there that are 15 years old, don't show any sign of yellowing (yet).

... so maybe it's damage from light/sunlight exposure decades ago, and only now the degradation of the plastic is accelerating?

Indoor lights also emit UV, albeit at a lesser intensity than the sun (otherwise we'd get burnt inside the house!). Unless your figures are kept out of ALL forms of light, then yellowing may occur, though at a much slower rate than if exposed to sunlight.