Page 1010 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 99010001005100610071008100910101011101210131014101510201030 ... LastLast
Results 10,091 to 10,100 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

In America the Netflix pricing matches the contents, but in Australia, Kmart appear to have the "Voyager" pack priced as a Voyager, possibly because it has Voyager in the product name.

Does anyone recall which commemorative Hot Rod reissue we got here back in the day? Was it the English only box or multi-lingual box?

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Multilingual

I know the commemorative series was a real Hasbro thing, but I still think those boxes are KOs whenever someone brings them up. They just don't look right.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Multilingual
    Thanks. The multilingual does look more familiar to me, but wanted to be sure.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Is anyone else thinking Hasbro might not make a SS numbered 84, 85 or 87 so that they can put more G1 figures in the SS line as they have with the SS 86 figures?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Is anyone else thinking Hasbro might not make a SS numbered 84, 85 or 87 so that they can put more G1 figures in the SS line as they have with the SS 86 figures?
    Interesting.

I don't think that was the original plan by any means (SS86 being a way of releasing toys that were meant for another line that got seriously re-jigged), but I'm sure it must have occurred to Hasbro by now.

But we appear to be coming to the end of G1 stuff for now (yes, there will be endless toys of the dozen or so big-name G1 characters), and the remaining toys don't seem to be enough to justify, for example, SS84. Although if that meant actually decent cassetticons for a change...

We'll just have to wait and see. Although hasn't Hasbro pretty much run out of 2007+ movie characters? I don't know, it isn't my thing, I just read this a few times when SS86 first cropped up; perhaps there just won't be enough toys to get the numbering that far. Shouldn't take long to know - TFWiki lists up to SS76 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post

We'll just have to wait and see. Although hasn't Hasbro pretty much run out of 2007+ movie characters? .
    For the Movies Studio series there are still...

Sideways
    Demolisher
    Strafe
    Scorn
    Slug
    Galvatron
    Hot Rod
    Nitro
    Mohawk
    Onslaught
    Dreadbot
    Hound
    Crosshairs

To name a few, though to be honest I use Figures from TLK toyline to cover those from that movie, as they are basically early versions of the SS line imo (Hence Nitro figure is used for KSI boss and Thundercracker while Cogman is just a repaint of his TLK figure)

Then there are the BB movie figures from the Cybertron scene that they seem to have started on..

Mudflap and Skids could get two Studio Series toys each (DOTM cameos count!) plus a combined voyager Ice Cream truck toy!

I wonder if the next movie’s generations toys will come directly into Studio Series or not. Probably will with the kid focused lines being their own packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I hope they don't, as "Studio Series" is supposed to be only for Movie toys (characters who were in a Movie).
    The SS86 labelling was probably necessary to differentiate a small number of Studio Series toys that were not from the current era of movies, but as noted, it might mean they might have to skip that number in the series of live action movie toys.
    I don't think that they need to (because it wouldn't have the extra two digits after the 86), but it could be deemed necessary to avoid confusion/complaints about the actual SS86 toy not being a 1986 Movie toy.

It should be simple, when they get into the 80s...

SS83 - live action movie
    SS84 - live action movie
    SS85 - live action movie
    SS86 - live action movie
    SS86-01 - 1986 Jazz
    SS86-02 - 1986 Kup
    SS86-03 - 1986 Blurr
    etc
    etc
    etc for the 1986 movie toys
    SS87 - live action movie
    SS88 - live action movie
    etc
    etc

Considering the Hasbro product number for the first batch of 1986 Movie SS toys puts them in just before SS70 (B-127), that would be the rough time frame of their development, so Studio Series was already getting close to number 86, and I imagine that the people working on the Studio Series toyline, would have already thought about the numbering of toys numbered in the 80s by that stage.